• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CTD starting New Game

RolandHazoto

Landlubber
So I have been playing this game for a couple days now and I passed it onto my roommate who is dying to play it but everytime he starts a new game it tries to load for awhile and then CTD's on him.
While he does have an intel graphics card I install an 8400GS for him so he'd never have to use it...
So far every crash he's gotten it said it was an ENGINE.exe error with sea.dll being the fault...
He is using Windows 7 has 1.5GB of RAM, 2.6 DUO core (some intel processor, don't remember which one... Celeron D maybe) 512 vid
We haven't tried logging yet but I guess I could if need be...
Given his "not that great" processor I don't want to force him to use the SwiftShader fix unless there is no other options

Oh and it's Build 14 Patch 5

Oh and yes it is installed in program files but so is mine and we have the same security setups ( I do all of his setups) and mine works fine...

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

Don't know never tried, frankly neither one of us has ever had an interest in the original, your mod is what turned me onto the game...
Guess I'll give it a shot...

It's always a good thing to know if the reason it doesn't work is because of the modpack or something else. :yes

Sorry I haven't replied sooner I was rebuilding a ps2 and have been distracted for a few days.... ;)

Anyways, my roommate apparently never told me he fried the 8400 weeks ago and has been using his onboard this whole time (even when I said that it sounded like the intel issue) and I hadn't noticed till I looked at the back of his comp and seen he had it hooked up to the onboard...

So I took the 8400 out and we got him the shader fix, he said it runs like crap but does run now...

So I guess that just leaves, any suggestions on speeding things up for him till we get him a new card?

Not really; you can try using the Config program to take the texture quality down, but that hurts readability in the menu's.
Alternatively, run the game in a low resolution. But that goes ugly too.

Back