• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Dancing Textures on Ships from afar?

Fleebusia

Sailor Apprentice
Has anyone else on their travels encountered weird dancing/flickering textures on some ship models?

I just noticed an odd occurrence of a select few ships (two so far) that have a weird texture glitch when observed from a distance. I suspect its some kind of LOD issue with the mesh they use, but I don't really have the expertise to diagnose it.

I could potentially try replacing the meshes and textures from different mod iterations but, as before, this will likely lead to problems with the locators being out of whack and sailors floating around at sea.

It's not a terribly troubling issue, I'm just curious what is going on.

Perhaps two pieces of geometry are positioned on top of each other?
I think I've seen that cause weird graphical issues.

Yeah, I've seen similar oddities before but nothing exactly like this. You may be onto something. In this case the ships are uniformly flickering like all the textures are having a rave party. It only happens from a distance and normalizes perfectly at close range. Only two ships out of probably 50 models I have encountered. Some kind of oversight in GOF 1.0 perhaps.

Back