• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Danielle not at lighthouse for Bridgetown attack

Martijn Struijs

Landlubber
I'm playing through the Tales of a Sea Hawk questline, and I'm supposed to attack Bridgetown. After we found out Clement is in prison and Danielle decided we should just take the entire colony because why not, I went and got me a fleet of third-rates. I'm ready to attack now and in the quest log, it says I should land at the lighthouse so Danielle can take some men through the jungle.

When I land at the lighthouse however, Danielle doesn't show up. Literally nothing happens. What I also find strange is that I can't make Danielle a follower even though she's in my list of officers, and the 'Meet Danielle in San Juan' quest is still in my quest log alongside 'Free Clement Aurentius by capturing Bridgetown'. Maybe those last two details are not a problem and are totally irrelevant, but I thought I'd mention them.

I've tried the usual: going to shore from the sea; going to the ship deck first, then going to shore; going to the lighthouse area from the jungle; and simply attacking the fort, which is invulnerable so I don't mess up the questline. I even sailed back to San Juan just to see if I had to trigger the 'Meet Danielle in San Juan' quest, which takes quite a while when you limit yourself to only use direct sail and not the map...

So, am I missing something? Or is this a bug, and if so can I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

You don't say what version (ie date) you are playing but since the potential problem was dealt with in this thread (and is in latest fixes).

Main Storyline Danielle Bug

I take it to be an older one. The thread has a replacement file (quests_reaction.c) and the last post tells you how to use it.

I would back up the file so you can put it back as was after in case there are differences elsewhere.

Hope that helps

You don't say what version (ie date) you are playing but since the potential problem was dealt with in this thread (and is in latest fixes).

Main Storyline Danielle Bug

I take it to be an older one. The thread has a replacement file (quests_reaction.c) and the last post tells you how to use it.

I would back up the file so you can put it back as was after in case there are differences elsewhere.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the reply!
I'm using the March 24th 2020 version, so that would be the 'Extra Fix Archive'. I did try the 'quests_reaction.c' file provided in that thread, just to be sure, but that didn't work.

OK if you are using the latest it is worth looking at further. Your description of Danielle does sound like this exact problem but since you have the fix archive in play there must be something further. Can you post the compile log once you have gone to the lighthouse and also a saved game from before (I presume you have one) - it will need to be zipped to post it.

I suspect that adding
SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("Danielle"), true);
in console and pressing F12 would free her to be put in the shore party and allow you to proceed, but that leaves the question as to why the workround fix didn't work so I would still like to see your saved game.

Last edited:
Back