• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Detailed export process

SuperChango

Common folk
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
Hearts of Oak Donator
Would it be too much to ask, a detailed export process from a finished model in maya to game ?... basically, how to set up the export in maya and how to process in Ines Diaz ? i've readed a lot, found info in several posts but ended all messed up since those posts are all scattered around the forum... could make a nice sticky i guess...

Or the better idea is make one topic ie, FAQ or some other name and hyper link to each of the topics that are of help. Of course that requires going through the whole forum but it does help with people learning how to do things for themselves. If you don't wish to make a post with all the topics you found of use then add them to your favourites and you can view them as you wish without searching the forum all the time for them.

I could write entire tutorial by tomorrow... With all hints and tips... But only for locations and weapons and props... since I managed to learn only those 3

Hi luke, some of the posts i've seen where totally unrelated to the matter and never found them again, while others are stikies already... plus, having the info scattered was for a start what got me confused...
For instance... while trying to export from maya, i've never found a post related to settings for the plugin... which actually is the S2Geo... there is no GM as i spected...
That's why i ask :doff

There's some information in the Build Alpha & Brainstorming "Tools, Tutorials and [Thingey]" thread.
Then also some additional ReadMe material on the POTC Modding subforum,
which is a hidden one shown only to 'serious' modders.
If you have made a serious contribution to any of the modpacks (PotC, AoP or CoAS),
tell one of the moderators and you can be granted access.

thanks guys... i currently have a couple proyects,
a 54 cannon galleon
FOTO_10.jpg

a packet ship
fig5_big.png

and a clipper (already shown)
cuadrolg.jpg

The clipper got left behind for ist's gonna be eyecandy... not poly-wise at all, i'm recreating the painting shown above and i'll add it to the game later...
Whenever i have any of those ready to import i'll let you know so i can get acces to those topics

Back