• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Directsail mod advances date

smrtwhkd

Master Mariner
With Directsail mod on, sometimes, when hour advances, the date will advance as well. For instance, you have Aug 31st, 1691 6:50. When the clock strikes 7:00, the date would become Sep 1st, 1691 7:00. Not sure if this supposed to work like this or it is a bug.

Apparently that's a DirectSail feature. Happens all the time. Ding ding! Guess it's because there would be a serious lack of balance between DirectSail and the world map, and it'd be possible to circle the map within an in-game day or two.

Not taking wild Land-Ho! teleports into account, of course. I remember just putting my finger on W and trying to sail from Bonaire to Puerto Rico, and the game playing pong with me between Bonaire and Curacao seven times before I finally gave up.

Yes, it is an intentional feature. Balance with worldmap aside, sailing to the next island in reality would take a few days.

There is a setting in "InternalSettings.h", "OPEN_SEA_MOD". If you set that to 1, islands are a lot further apart and when you arrive at one, you spawn a lot further away from port. This makes the 1 hour day unnecessary.

You can disable direct-sail by pressing '0'. The one on the top row of the keyboard, that is - not the one on the numeric keypad. This stops the day advancing every hour, you can't sail to another island, and it also stops random events such as floating cargo or "Sail Ho". This is useful if you've just forced an enemy ship to surrender because it will disappear if you arrive at another island or if there's a random event. It's also useful if you just want to sail to another part of the same island. Remember to press '0' again if you want to sail to another island, or if you want to stop the on-screen messages that are nagging you about it.

Back