• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Does Smuggling Effect the Loyalty of Officers?

Luke McReady

Freebooter
Coordinator
Creative Support
Quest Writer
QC Advisor
My Preferred profession in this game early on has always been Smuggling. The search for that perfect ship that has the above average speed and Cargo space, is fun. ad when you find that merchant ship with 2k+ cargo and 16+ max speed you know you have a jewel that can outrun almost anything the patrols can throw at you especially when you disarm it and strip it down to its bare minimum supplies for weight reduction. ;)

Then finding that perfect operation. like Dyes and Silk from Marigot to San Juan. something that may not make all that much per run but is extremely convenient in the time department because of its close proximity.

But my question is: Does Smuggling (In GOF or Historical Eras) affect the loyalty of officers? I havent noticed any significant changes that weren't caused by something else but now that i'm recruiting Officers to my new Smuggling dream of a ship I want to know for certain especially since i plan to take on the Privateer, and Agent career paths once i get enough capital saved up.

But my question is: Does Smuggling (In GOF or Historical Eras) affect the loyalty of officers? I havent noticed any significant changes that weren't caused by something else but now that i'm recruiting Officers to my new Smuggling dream of a ship I want to know for certain especially since i plan to take on the Privateer, and Agent career paths once i get enough capital saved up.

Simple answer, YES.
But only if you get caught!

5 months and two days is a heck of a vacation :p.

I'm just picking on ya mate, thanks for the answer!

5 months and two days is a heck of a vacation :p.

I'm just picking on ya mate, thanks for the answer!

You might want to go here and read a short detailed article I wrote a while back about loyalty and hero actions.
I tried not to get into "technical game code script" here (as you know), just explain how the game generally accepts specific actions.
There are at least 10+ script files that tie all these aspects together.

http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...oyalty-and-reputation-vanilla-gof-eras.22120/

Back