• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Dog of War

giocoso

Freebooter
Hello Pirates! I call back to ask for help a little ... cowardly ...

As I said in another thread, I have picked up the game again after almost 10 years, and I'm still having a lot of fun. (N.B .: Game Vanilla).

Some parts, however, are still unpleasant to me, as they were 10 years ago. One of these is the main Quest, that is the “City of Abandoned Ships”, which I find too long, cumbersome and gloomy, and for the moment I would like to avoid it. The problem, however, is that the Quest gives very notable prizes: the skulls, various unique idols, the spyglass etc…, but above all the “Dog of War”, which I think is the funniest ship in the Vanilla game.

The question is: is there any trick that allows you to have this ship without the Quest? Maybe by modifying the game files, and making it available for purchase in some construction site, or something like that?
Even better, having it with the optimal statistics, which, from old notes retrieved in backups, turn out to be: Hull: 4015, speed: 22.00. maneuverability: 67.03, Capacity: 3914, crew: 338, guns: 40 of 24 "or 32". (The whole: "indicative"). This, of course, still without the Bermuda upgrade.

Thank you!

I know it's a bit ... shameful request ... but any help will be appreciated!
P.S. I also add to bring my request back to the "front page": no one remembers the original Vanilla game anymore?
I can't play your beautiful mods (GoF etc ....) because I don't know English, and I feel uncomfortable playing all in that language. Maybe in the future...

Last edited:
Hello Pirates! I call back to ask for help a little ... cowardly ...
P.S. I also add to bring my request back to the "front page": no one remembers the original Vanilla game anymore?
I can't play your beautiful mods (GoF etc ....) because I don't know English, and I feel uncomfortable playing all in that language. Maybe in the future...

Easiest way i remember Vanilla and all the mods avaiable
Use the chear console (after activated F11)

There is a function in there that gives you a ship gold and so on.
Just replace the ship with the Dog of War Corvette and you re good to go.
If you want to have it from the get go, check out
RPGUtilities.c (h?) There you can directly give ANY ship to your Hero on start.
aka starting ship

Easiest way i remember Vanilla and all the mods avaiable
Use the chear console (after activated F11)

There is a function in there that gives you a ship gold and so on.
Just replace the ship with the Dog of War Corvette and you re good to go.
If you want to have it from the get go, check out
RPGUtilities.c (h?) There you can directly give ANY ship to your Hero on start.
aka starting ship
Thank you for your attention and response. :bow
Unfortunately, however, I am not proficient with the PC (and I haven't played this game for 10 years) : :oops:
I tried the debugger, and in F11 I saw the option for the gold ship, but I don't understand how to replace it with the Dog of War.
For the 2nd system: I can't find the RPGUtilities.c file (h?): What is the path?
Thank you!

Hey giosco

the path for RPGUlities.c is
driveletter:\Age of Pirates2\Program\characters

there you find the file, for what you want to do, you need to find the ingame name of the Dog of War
it was Questcorvette i think....

in RPGUtilities.c find the character you want to play, then starting ship
and replace is with the in game name of the Dog of War
(hope i recalled the name right) been a while for myself since i meddled with that...

as for the console, you can change the commands in debuger.c i think
basically the same thing, find the function that gives you "gold" or an item and replace it with the ship
do some experiements ;)

Thank you for your attention and response. :bow
Unfortunately, however, I am not proficient with the PC (and I haven't played this game for 10 years) : :oops:
I tried the debugger, and in F11 I saw the option for the gold ship, but I don't understand how to replace it with the Dog of War.
For the 2nd system: I can't find the RPGUtilities.c file (h?): What is the path?
Thank you!

Little ad on / correction

with "in game name" i mean ofc the name that is used in the script files *.C *.H
in Age of Pirates 2 it is of course "Dog of War"

Little ad on / correction

with "in game name" i mean ofc the name that is used in the script files *.C *.H
in Age of Pirates 2 it is of course "Dog of War"
Thanks, now it is clear to me, and I found the file.
In the meantime I had played normally and discovered that the Dog of War is a great corvette but that in the game, from the beginning, there are many others with similar statistics, and therefore it is not worth cheating to get that ship. , nor to do the dismal Quest "City of abandoned ships" to get it. The only things that make that Quest necessary are the skulls and the many unique, very useful items. But, anyway, I won't do it.
In fact, I had created a false problem!
Thanks anyway to you and Pieter Boelen for your attention!
P.S. I can't find the button for "Solved" anymore!

Last edited:
Back