• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Door & Chest locators....

LordDrow

Pirate Geek Extraordinaire
Staff member
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
So how exactly do you add door and chest locators? What do I need to do, what files need modifying and how do I know where the locators are to be placed.

This will eventually be useful for me doing AOP mods, but figured I'd ask here since the PotC community is a bit more active right now.

Thanks,

Cap'n Drow

You can change and add locators by means of Inez Diaz' Tool (at least in PotC). I once put a short tut on locators into this thread:

<a href="http://www.piratesahoy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3310&st=500" target="_blank">Inez Tool</a>

BTW, you probably know already of the tuts in the PotC wiki ?

Yes I do know about those tutorials, though that site doesn't get much action right now apparently. **grins** I've been going over some of that info already. So to add a door locator to a town, I just need to open the .gm file for the specific town, and start laying down the locators?

I hope that makes sense.

From all I can tell about AOP at this point, it's nothing more than PotC with some updated .dll's and a new executable.

I definitely want to see some of the work you folks have done for PotC brought over to AOP. Worth the time and effort. **grins**

Thanks for the info and any other pointers you can give me.

Cap'n Drow

Back