• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

DOTA 2 Gets Pirate Translation!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Normally, I don't do a whole lot of promoting Steam games or mods, mainly because Steam has been quite a royal pain in the past. Mainly because of the Steam Client and some pretty shoddy DRM. However, recently they have done a pretty good job of blasting Microsoft, so when I ran across this on a slow news day, I figured they had earned a little mention. The scallywags over at the Steam Translation Server (STS) have released the Pirate Language Pack for DOTA 2! The pack was created by a bunch of volunteer translators over at the STS as a proof of concept, but they decided to release at a full translation. What is DOTA 2 you ask? Well I had the same question, so I did a bit of digging. DOTA 2 stands for Defense of The Ancients, and it's a mod for Warcraft III. The mod is currently in Beta and is scheduled for release later in 2012.

You can find out more about DOTA 2 over on Wikipedia HERE, and you can find out more about the Pirate Translation Pack and get the download link over on the STS Steam page!

Attachments

• dota2_temp_output.jpg
    dota2_temp_output.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 20
Back