• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Dutch quest

belzeburg

Sailor Apprentice
I really need someone to tell me how to complet Quest no 10
My 1 frigate, and the Fort against 7 or 8 big ships from Spain. It takes 2 or 3 seconds before the game crash and I have no clue to win this battle. I do also feel think many of these Dutch quests are too hard. But on the open seas, one always have a fair chance, to succed. but with nr 10, close and stuck in a corner, it`s hopeless. Maybie no 11 too. Any help please :(

That is a REALLY hard battle. You are not going to win with one little frigate and you need to plan ahead. You need a big ship and you need to have it completely full of men on your way back to Willemstad.

If I remember right you just got back from a previous mission of bringing ships to the governor, so you don't have other ships with you when you arrive to see the governor.

I think the way I did it was that I had several really powerful ships fully loaded with plenty of ammunition wood and canvas and layed up at the port controller. Before I go to sea to fight the awaiting Spaniards, I get those ships out and then go to the tavern to fill them with as many men as are available.

I hope you are above Level 30 and you and your carpenter have the repair perks, because you need them here and you have to be a tough guy at this point.

When you go to sea the Spaniards are right there. Try to board the closest one immediately and put an extra disposable officer on board. Don't put any men on her and let her act as a buffer to shoot and damage enemy ships. Then go to one of your other ships and move as many men on board again to make up your losses. Then try to head for the open sea. If you can lure them after you and spread them out your fort will last much longer and you can face them one at a time with superior gunnery.

If you're having stability issues because of so many ships.... Remember to do quick saves "F6" after every volley.

You can win....I've done it quite a few times....but its been awhile since I did that mission. Good Luck. :beer:

MK

If you take capture a ship and then tell that captain to sail away, is it possible that could lure some of the ships away letting you focus on less ships and then doing as MK said, reload your ship with crew from another ship and board another ship and keep doing this till the ships by you are all gone and then go after those who gave chase to the captured ship you told to sail away?

Well go to sea and fight the ships one by one ?? But all the spanish ships are already , anchered in the harbour and shooting. And since I usually only have 1 ship I feel the Dutch quests are impossible to do. And just escape to sea ? only if I had a speedboat

Back