• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Encounters

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
So I was going trough LAi_login.c and I found:

Code:
        //Ðàññòàâëÿåì êâåñòîâûõ ýíêîóíòåðîâ
        if(!LAi_CreateEncounters(location))
        {
            //Ðàññòàâëÿåì ìîíñòðîâ
            LAi_CreateMonsters(location);
        }

My question is why only having encounters or monsters? especialy because most nice encounters are coded as monsters.
I changed the code now to:
Code:
//Levis why not have both??
        //Ðàññòàâëÿåì êâåñòîâûõ ýíêîóíòåðîâ
        //if(!LAi_CreateEncounters(location))
        //{
            //Ðàññòàâëÿåì ìîíñòðîâ
        //    LAi_CreateMonsters(location);
        //}
        LAi_CreateEncounters(location);
        LAi_CreateMonsters(location);

So I can get something to work, but is there a really good reason why I shouldn't be doing this?

Also is it just me or is the data set in LandEnc_init barely used. Most of the encounters are hard coded into the internal settings (VICE CITY)

You don't want too many characters in the same location. If you get to a certain limit, characters start dropping out.
We had problems with that in some quest cases, for example.

The Vice City mod was made by Couchcaptain Charles. He has added a tremendous amount of life to the modpack,
but he was no actual programmer and a lot of the work he did might be considered to be written as a "hack", rather than using/modifying the systems properly.

For now I changed it to this because now the vice city mod only works if there isn't an encounter (for example a officer in the tavern).
I haven't found to many characters yet. if this does happen I think I know now how he programmed it so we can rebalance it.

Back