• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Ensure Assassin storyline works with Brothel Mod OFF

can someone tel me how to get brothels in the game potc new horizons beta 3.3

• some files changed?

• other option maybe?

Results are only viewable after voting.

OldManSparrow

Sailor Apprentice
:ahoyhi everyone xd i have the game pirates of the caribbean new horizons beta 3.3 and i play the storyline of johan eftling (assassin storyline) and i am by the mission that i must search for lady gaga in a brothel
but i have no brothels in de game is there a option mod or must i change something in the files
i dont now can someone help me:sparrow

Go to options -> build settings

I think the default option is for them to be OFF. Though I generally DO see them in my game anyway, which is admittedly quite odd.
Some of the Jack Sparrow storyline was written to work differently, depending on whether it is on or off.
Can't remember what we did for Assassin. If I recall, we didn't change that because the necessary character isn't actually IN the brothel.

Lady Gaga is in the brothel. You need to go in, talk to her, she denies all knowledge of Roche Brasiliano, then you leave and events continue outside the brothel. But if you can't enter in the first place then you will not be able to complete this part of the quest. (The walkthrough mentions right near the top that the brothel mod must be enabled.)

@Bartolomeu o Portugues: Do you know an easy way to make the storyline work without the brothel mod enabled?
This was done in the Jack Sparrow storyline as well where a certain character is generated in a different spot depending on whether that mod is on or not.

Alternatively, we could also force the brothel mod to ALWAYS be on in the Assassin storyline no matter what.

The first option would probably require a smaller change. Though artistic merits play a role as well, of course.
It also might depend on whether you intend to use the brothels in further continuations of the storyline too.
So which option would you prefer?

That's weird, I thought in the past I already made the change for that o_O
For the storyline logic (if I can say that), I would prefer the brothel opens. You can add maybe something in the startstoryline.c:shrug

A message to the forum:
Please don't ask me to make some changes in my storylines until next Monday. I want to focus my work on the Cartagena quest so that it can be added to 3.3

I also thought we had tackled this in the past. But apparently not?

Anyway, this could be potentially game-breaking in the Beta 3.3 release, so if we can address it in time, I'd like to do so.
But you don't have to worry about it. If you want to have the brothel always available, I'll see what I can do to make that happen.

Sorted! Assassin Storyline now has an extra start storyline variable:
Code:
AddStorylineVar(n, "ENABLE_BROTHEL", "1");     // PB: Brothel Mod always ON
If needed, this can be added for other storylines too, though should of course be avoided if possible.

At least this should ensure the Assassin storyline doesn't lock up on Build Default Settings. That would be.... uhm... bad.

Back