• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Errors with Blunderbuss

Yes the problem occured when reloading while in fightmode. So what could happen?
The main example I can think of is when you know there will be enemies after the location reload.
May happen in multi-location dungeons and also some quest cases, for example.
Could be annoying for players if they have to grab their weapon again every time.

Also, what is the "LAi_SetPlayerType" line for? That doesn't affect "fight mode",
but it may potentially influence quests where a reload occurs while the player is supposed to remain ActorType.

Maximus wrote that code a long time ago and it's spread to 4 places (Lai_fightparams too). One of them I fixed years ago but missed the others. So this could never have worked properly (until now). I say just leave it. I have tested it and it works very well.
So much of that old code is spread out everywhere; amazingly annoying! :whipa

What does LAi_GunSetUnload(chr) do? Just unloads your gun if you don't have the ammo for it?

I agree. This "cheat" is no good and nothing I have ever wanted. Don't know where to fix it though.
Probably something with the itemsbox.c interface ALWAYS calling a "re-equip" function of some kind.

What does LAi_GunSetUnload(chr) do? Just unloads your gun if you don't have the ammo for it?
Yes.

Also, what is the "LAi_SetPlayerType" line for? That doesn't affect "fight mode",
Disable fightmode doesn't always work without it.

Could be annoying for players if they have to grab their weapon again every time.
Well in that case I have to fix with the gun/ammo instead.

Disable fightmode doesn't always work without it.
Have you got any idea in what instances it doesn't work?

ell in that case I have to fix with the gun/ammo instead.
This was the problem, right?
"reloading to another location while in fightmode with a musket not charged could mean firing from shoulder mode in the next location"
So the problem is that the gun jumps from "hip mode" back to "shoulder mode" when reloading between locations with your blade drawn?

Yes, if you have fired your gun it goes to your shoulder. Now if you reload to another location in fightmode 2 things happen:
Your gun will be autocharged but stays in shoulder mode. Trying to fire it now means firing it in shoulder mode. Which is awful.

I'm working on it right now: trying to set muskets in shoulder mode to hip mode if reloading while in fightmode.
Next shot would be ok and then it's all reset.

Your gun will be autocharged but stays in shoulder mode. Trying to fire it now means firing it in shoulder mode. Which is awful.
Hmm... Would it not make sense for your gun to also NOT be reloaded when you enter another location?
Could that be an alternate solution?

Yes it could. I can accept both ways - it's not as bad as recharging only by opening the inventory.
What do the players/testers say?

What do the players/testers say?
From my side, it only makes sense to maintain reload status, unless:
- You reload to 3D sailing mode
- Time deliberately passes
- You equip another weapon

If your gun was not loaded prior to the location reload or opening the inventory, I see no reason why it should be reloaded afterwards.

No, maybe you're right. The question is where to stop that reloading. I search for "charge" in the reload.c but
it's done in another way/elsewhere.

Maybe search for equip-related code? It may also not be in reload.c itself.
And the "reload gun" code may not even refer to "charge" at all.

Back