• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed examine_ and equip_item_types

Jack Rackham

ex train dispatcher
Quest Writer
Storm Modder
Neither examine_item_type nor equip_item_type work any longer.
(both are quest_item_type.)
The oldest game version I have left is from 12 jan and the problem is already there.
My guess is that it could have something to do with the "Toss item" button introduced?

The code for these types are in items.c, items.h & initItems.

In what way do they not work? What are they supposed to do again? I can't remember now. :facepalm

That might indeed be relatedto the Toss button. This was working in Beta 3.2, right?

@Levis, do you have any ideas about this? Or do I need to have a look and see what's going on?

as far as I can think off this can't be related to the TOSS button, but I could take a look at it...

Have a look through initItems.c for EXAMINE_ITEM_TYPE . I'm a bit surprised, since isn't that used for the image-based readable books as well?

Yes but they are normal items while this is concerning quest items I believe, so probally there is a problem with how quest items are handled. I think that while disabling the tossbutton for all questitems maybe accedently the examine/equip button is also disabled for them.

Start woodesrogers (as they are questitems) and give yourself
book55A (examine item)
it should give you book55B (examine) --> book55C (equip) --> book55D (equip)

book55A is only defined in goldbug not in the woodesrogers so I can't test it on that one in there. How do I enable goldbug again cause it seems all these items are for goldbug...
For normal items it still work so if there is a problem it is for questitems only...

Last edited:
Sorry, yes of course it's the GoldBug. Namechange the GoldBug StartStoryline_off.c to StartStoryline.c

sorry to say but it was your own fault :cheeky
Code:
  switch(id)
  {
    case "skull_ring":                qstitm.groupID        = EQUIP_ITEM_TYPE;       
                                  qstitm.skipequip    = false;                break;
    case "Montejo_Book":            qstitm.skill.Sneak    = +1;                    break;
    case "moccasins":               qstitm.groupID        = EQUIP_ITEM_TYPE;       

spot the fault here, can you see it?
Remove the break; at the 5th line, because of this it didn't process the rest of the things. so the type was never set.

Attachments

• initItems.c
    293.9 KB · Views: 119
Thanks for finding it Levis. :onya
In fact it wasn't me but I have made so many mistakes so I can take one extra.

Montejo Book? Might have been me when I set that up for Bartolomeu. That section of code has had a lot of going back-and-forth-ing lately.
Thanks for figuring it out, @Levis! :onya

Back