• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

exit port sailing instead in the ship? and another question.

Nb7

Sailor Apprentice
I come back to this game and mod sometimes, because i like it a lot,
Thanks to everyone involved.
i have made some tweaks for myself i know how to read code etc.
But, can someone point me in the right direction with this?
i just want to start at sea instead on the ship when fast traveling to ship, to avoid the double loading screen,
i mean i rarely if not never do something on the ship deck after exiting towns,
Can someone point me to the file this is coded, or is too complicated, can't be done easily?.

Also, my pc can run skyrim special edition etc, at 30 fps minimum, but storms in this game i don't know why lower my fps to 10 or something like that,
the game utilizes like less than 40 percent of my cpu. there is something i can do to raise fps in battles/storms.?

Thanks!.

I come back to this game and mod sometimes, because i like it a lot,
Thanks to everyone involved.
i have made some tweaks for myself i know how to read code etc.
But, can someone point me in the right direction with this?
i just want to start at sea instead on the ship when fast traveling to ship, to avoid the double loading screen,
i mean i rarely if not never do something on the ship deck after exiting towns,
Can someone point me to the file this is coded, or is too complicated, can't be done easily?.
Can't be done easily. It's easy to find out where you're moored, "PChar.location.from_sea" holds the port or beach where your ship is. Relocating to a land location such as that port or beach is also easy. Relocating to sea is more complicated, not least because you need to know a sea locator where the ship is to be placed, and that can't easily be deduced from "PChar.location.from_sea".

Besides, I strongly advise against using fast travel, especially if you want to do any sidequests or storylines. There's supposed to be code in place to interrupt fast travel if you'll pass through a location where a quest is supposed to happen but it doesn't always work and there have been several cases where people got stuck because they'd fast-travelled and missed a quest trigger, breaking the quest.

Also, my pc can run skyrim special edition etc, at 30 fps minimum, but storms in this game i don't know why lower my fps to 10 or something like that,
the game utilizes like less than 40 percent of my cpu. there is something i can do to raise fps in battles/storms.?
See if anything here helps:
Solved - Windows 10: Low Frame Rates Despite (BECAUSE OF!) Good Hardware

Can't be done easily. It's easy to find out where you're moored, "PChar.location.from_sea" holds the port or beach where your ship is. Relocating to a land location such as that port or beach is also easy. Relocating to sea is more complicated, not least because you need to know a sea locator where the ship is to be placed, and that can't easily be deduced from "PChar.location.from_sea".

Besides, I strongly advise against using fast travel, especially if you want to do any sidequests or storylines. There's supposed to be code in place to interrupt fast travel if you'll pass through a location where a quest is supposed to happen but it doesn't always work and there have been several cases where people got stuck because they'd fast-travelled and missed a quest trigger, breaking the quest.

See if anything here helps:
Solved - Windows 10: Low Frame Rates Despite (BECAUSE OF!) Good Hardware
Thank you very much for responding.
So it can't be done easily... i would have guessed it was more or less easy since the original game was like that right?, you started at sea after exiting towns.

You can go straight to sea from the port, but not by fast-travel. You'd need to fast-travel to the port, which should put you on the pier ready to board the ship. Press Enter; that should give you the choice to go to the deck or to go straight to sea. (Did the original game even have fast-travel?)

You can go straight to sea from the port, but not by fast-travel. You'd need to fast-travel to the port, which should put you on the pier ready to board the ship. Press Enter; that should give you the choice to go to the deck or to go straight to sea. (Did the original game even have fast-travel?)

i got so used to fast travel to ship i didn't even noticed this, my mistake, thank you.
i read the whole low fps thread looking for something, the voodoo thing makes my game run a lot worse. I don't why in storms my fps tanks a lot also with some battles.

Have a good day!. Thanks for the great mod, i love to come back to this game from time to time.

Back