• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Fast travel option gone

Countrylivin

Landlubber
Hello all, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place but it’s my first time posting here .
So recently I just finished the tales of seahawk in build 14 and during the battle with the Black Pearl I captured her, so I had the 1st rate man o war from the governor and also the Pearl. After that I haven’t been able to use fast travel on land, the option is completely gone and all I have the option to do is use rush. I have tried selling all the ships, getting in and out of combat, and reloading an old save and when I do the actions listed above it creates the same issue every time. Forgive me if this has already been addressed but I couldn’t find it here. Thanks in advance!! ******EDIT****** I had taken on the Peter Blood quest line right before finishing, and once I completed his quest it managed to sort itself out! This can be deleted now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Sometimes quests temporarily disable fast travel; and enable it again later.
If it persists though, it makes me wonder if part of the quest was somehow skipped...

Anyway, I'm glad it sorted itself out in the end. :doff

The "Rescue Peter Blood's crew" quest disables fast travel at the start and does not re-enable it again until the end. There are no 'DisableFastTravel' commands in between. So once you start the quest, you will indeed not be able to fast travel until you complete it.

Additional: This is based on the "Rescue my crew" part of the "Bartolomeu" storyline, which enables fast travel near the start, probably because fast travel was disabled earlier in the storyline. The "Rescue Captaine Chevalle's crew" sidequest in the "Hoist the Colours" storyline is also adapted from "Rescue my crew"; this one has a command to disable fast travel which is commented out. So I reckon it can be commented out in "Rescue Peter Blood's crew" as well. @Bartolomeu o Portugues: is there any reason to disable fast travel in this quest?

Last edited:
Back