• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Finished the Tenochtitlan Quest

From what I remember, at the center is the great temple with the sacrifice room right next to it at the summit. To the left and right are two other temples, each with five rooms in which you have to place totems in order to gain access to the great temple.

The two temples that I was able to get into only had one room and thats it. I searched the one room thouroughly for more doors but there weren't any.

The main temple has a spot on the ground for a totem, but none of mine fit. At the top is a door and a button, neither one work.

teno.jpg

Five totems go in #1, at the top of the sumit you'll see five doors, if you don't just walk up to the wall, you'll see the icon saying you can go in. Go in, place the totem, kill the guards, exit via the same door you went in. Once outside, go into the next door and repeat.

Repeat for #2.

Once you placed all ten, you can go into #3 and finish the quest.

#4 is the sacrifice room I believe, not much going on there though I suspect it has a role in another quest.

Thanks OfficerPuppy. It worked. Montezuma said there were 10 temples and 10 doors. But actually there's 2 temples and 10 doors. I thought the 5 doors were the same building since they are right beside each other. Thats pretty stupid again of Seaward. I got the crystal skull and killed Montezuma. I guess that means Tenochiltionasfadffafan quest is over right?

He says there are ten temples? I'll have to go through the dialog and change that for the next CM patch. And yes, the quest is over once you get the jade skull. If you have the I don't know what totem, you can enter the white gods temple and get a secret item. Alternatively, if you have the COAS CM installed, you should of gotten a sword from one of the two chests inside the temple provided you used a certain totem to unlock it.

You mean the _hotgun? First initials are removed to protect the innocent gamers. Ya I got the Shotgun, oops, I mean the _hotgun. In the temple fighting the evil guy, there were 2 chests. One had a ceremonial dagger, the other had 5 different ceremonial daggers, I don't know what they are used for, since I finished Teno. Also the 2 chests items weigh about 400kilograms and my character can only carry 185 maximum? I carried as much as I could carry, and tried going back for more and found all of the Aztec warriors returned? Oh, well, I need the fighting experience.

You mean the _hotgun? First initials are removed to protect the innocent gamers. Ya I got the Shotgun, oops, I mean the _hotgun. In the temple fighting the evil guy, there were 2 chests. One had a ceremonial dagger, the other had 5 different ceremonial daggers, I don't know what they are used for, since I finished Teno. Also the 2 chests items weigh about 400kilograms and my character can only carry 185 maximum? I carried as much as I could carry, and tried going back for more and found all of the Aztec warriors returned? Oh, well, I need the fighting experience.

Ceremonial Dagger = Just an item. Gives +20 authority, -20 stealth I think.

The Obsidian dagger is different. It opens the temple of white gods.

Yes, I confused the two daggers at first too.

The warriors respawn and aren't happy to see you if you return, you'd think after defeating their God, they would keep away from you. :dance

I thought the 5 doors were the same building since they are right beside each other. Thats pretty stupid again of Seaward.
Yeah, the doors are right beside each other, but the rooms behind them are much larger, large enough to take up the whole inside of that structure on top of the temple. It's odd. I think it was supposed to seem magical and otherworldly, but it comes across as just sloppy IMO.

Yes, the Aztec guy says something about each door leading to separate temple and thus there are enemies in each of the temples.
Which reminds me once you do this quest it is good place to train your main (the officers cannot enter) 'cause the enemies respawn every time you enter. Of course you can do it in the towns too (and training your stealth) but after lvl 30 the soldiers respawn instantly and you may have some tough times there.

Its not only a good place for training but making money. I collected about 10 of those Aztec maces. Each one sells for 17,000. Thats 170,000.52 in no time at all. I don't really need the money anymore,since I have so much invested in Moneylenders now anyways.

I think I might be ready for the Flying Dutchmen quest. I've been thinking, if I get sunk so does my chest onboard my ship. I tried storing some stuff in the chest beside the Fort on Port Royal and sail away then return. I
sailed to the lighthouse, then came back to the port and walked to the chest. All of the stuff I put there was still there!? I have yet to see how long does it stay there? Hopefully forever.

You can store items by giving them to officers, putting them in charge of a ship, and storing the ship. That works 100%.

Back