• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

flags as items

liam1

Landlubber
Hello,

I haven't played on COAS in a good while so I am unsure of the practicalities of this idea.
I also apologise if this has been discussed before, I have had a search that turned up no results.

Firstly, I have never liked the way that you have to use ability points to unlock the flags of other nations, I would prefer to be able to find, get given or steal the flags of other nations.

I am completely unaware of the way things were done during the 17th century but one would assume that when a pirate takes control of another ship, the flags of that ship would be there for the taking, please do correct me if I am wrong. This way of collecting flags would obviously make the idea of the flag abilities a bit silly so my question is this:
I would like to know whether it is possible to either set some sort of event that runs, when you capture a ship, that will give you the ability to use that nation's flag, or to get rid of the flag abilities all together and make the flags into items that can be found or received as quest rewards?

Thank you all

"..., I have never liked the way that you have to use ability points to unlock the flags of other nations... the idea of the flag abilities a bit silly ..."

You've to? It's vanilla game.

"... I would prefer to be able to find, get given or steal the flags of other nations...when you capture a ship..."

It should be possible, but anyway you can't use it to walk through an enemy town without furtivity perks. And sailing on the worldmap, go back to sea to aboard a ship, you can't change your flag to enemy flag to be as friend or neutral (hope you see what I mean) cause, and it's truth, rules of corsairs war impose a minimun distance to hoist theirs colors...Fair play ...Just as in the game.

Regards,

Philippe

Back