• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Flashing action icon when itembox on locator

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Cheers! Performance seems to have improved again, though the weird flashing of two different labels remains.

hmmm....if I have time left I will look into that too, but I first wanna focus on some other things now :p cause this does work now.

Start New Game on Jack Sparrow storyline:
Game turns VERY sluggish when walking over the closed ship locator that you are generated on. Not good. :(

It only turns sluggisch then?
I've only told the game to go on with a certain check if you are on a locator which it normally pauses then.... so I can't see why it only turns sluggish then...

Don't know if it happens in other instances too. Possibly it does. But that is where I noticed it.

thing is that check which it runs it runs all the time already :S.
But I will look into it a bit more..... :rumgone

This would be good if it could be addressed for Beta 3.4 this weekend. If at all possible....

Should be fixed in these files:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/latest-build-14-beta-3-3-wip-code.23064/page-36#post-498524

I set everything now to the UPDATE parameter at the start of the file also, so if its still sluggish try increasing that number but I doubled it already withoud noticing any difference in gameplay. I can't test the sluggishness cause even if I let my game spew all kinds of logging I can't get it sluggish (something with my computer I guess ;) ).

So please say if this helps @Pieter Boelen

When there is one locator, such as a corpse or a "go to ship" one, indeed performance is smooth again.
It stills drops a bit when you have a pile of bodies, but it is definitely better than before! Thanks, mate. :cheers

There is a for loop called to check all things. But to improve that I would need to rewrite more. Put this on the 3.4 wishlist :p.
going to flag this one as fixed now.

Sounds good. At least it is better than it was and certainly no worse. :onya

Back