• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fore-and-Aft sails on the wrong side

whispa

Landlubber
Hi! In many of the ships with fore-and-aft sails with a square component, like the brigantine, the fore-and-aft parts of the sails go into the wind. They still are responsive to turning, just as if they're mirror-flipped. Is there any solution to this problem? Thanks

They DIDN'T fix that problem in CoAS? We have that one in PotC; maybe it got carried over to CoAS. :modding

I think so, yes. We might be able to do something about it at some point in the future, but probably not soon. :facepalm

I think so, yes. We might be able to do something about it at some point in the future, but probably not soon. :facepalm

As an alternative, is there a way to disable the movement of the fore and aft sails, so they just stay in like jibs? Even that would be a vast improvement in immersion over the boom going over to the wrong side.

Thanks!

Petros once found out you can fix it per ship by changing the setting of one of the locators to "-1".
However, if you do, the boom will flip inside out. :wacko:
Once I tried to fix that flipping on the ship he was working on,
but then I lost the smoothing groups and the boom looked all square-y.
It might be fixable per ship, but it seems we need someone with Maya to do a lot of locator-work on all ships. :modding

Petros once found out you can fix it per ship by changing the setting of one of the locators to "-1".
However, if you do, the boom will flip inside out. :wacko:
Once I tried to fix that flipping on the ship he was working on,
but then I lost the smoothing groups and the boom looked all square-y.
It might be fixable per ship, but it seems we need someone with Maya to do a lot of locator-work on all ships. :modding

Thanks for the info! I will merely get ships in which it is less noticeable, I suppose.

Thanks

I don't know if this helps, but I noticed the 'Sophie' brig in the combined mod actually has all the sails correct!

Back