• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Free Camera

Ello! It's been ages since I played CoAS and POTC and finally bought Sea Dogs TEHO. I like it so far but I'm beginning to really miss the free camera... I noticed in Hook's Mod in the PROGRAM\sea_ai folder the AICameras.c file has the free camera code in there but there isn't a Program\Controls\init_pc file to enable the keypress? I searched the forum and I'm a bit surprised I'm the only one asking about this since I can't really get into it without the free camera! Thanks

Ello! It's been ages since I played CoAS and POTC and finally bought Sea Dogs TEHO. I like it so far but I'm beginning to really miss the free camera... I noticed in Hook's Mod in the PROGRAM\sea_ai folder the AICameras.c file has the free camera code in there but there isn't a Program\Controls\init_pc file to enable the keypress? I searched the forum and I'm a bit surprised I'm the only one asking about this since I can't really get into it without the free camera! Thanks

Hello.

I think that option can be activated in the Beta test, although I don't know how it works.

To access you have to activate the Beta test mod in the _LSC_on_off file that is in the Program\ folder.

On line 15 we change the "Off" to "On".

Once in the game we activate the console with F11, the rest I leave you in the following screenshots, the text is in spanish the position should be the same ... .

If you get to know how it works do not hesitate to comment

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (30).png
    Captura de pantalla (30).png
    3 MB · Views: 323
  • Captura de pantalla (31).png
    Captura de pantalla (31).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 317
^^ Thank you JTem! I want to try this so I just installed Beta 1.7.3. Are "required" mods like TEHO Mod, Hook's mod, Active Map and Save / Load mod working with Beta 1.7.3 though?

^^ Thank you JTem! I want to try this so I just installed Beta 1.7.3. Are "required" mods like TEHO Mod, Hook's mod, Active Map and Save / Load mod working with Beta 1.7.3 though?

Hello.

As far as I know, the new Beta is not compatible with mods.

Activemap is included in the game, but to activate it you have to loot one of the treasure fleet chests, I think it is the most difficult mission in the game.

You can have it activated if you replace the seadogs.c file of the game by the one I attach.

Attachments

• seadogs.c
    47.5 KB · Views: 143
^^ Aaaaa muchos gracias mate thank you so much!!!! Also, I'll report back with the free camera tests once I get back on the sea, thanks again! Just one last question, does Activemap change the timescale so time passes slower on the global map or am I thinking of another mod? Maybe there is a string I can simply edit myself without needing that mod? Sorry if this is a stupid question but you know how it is when starting a new game, if we don't get it right at the start it means having to start a new game.. and again... and again :) Cheers

^^ Aaaaa muchos gracias mate thank you so much!!!! Also, I'll report back with the free camera tests once I get back on the sea, thanks again! Just one last question, does Activemap change the timescale so time passes slower on the global map or am I thinking of another mod? Maybe there is a string I can simply edit myself without needing that mod? Sorry if this is a stupid question but you know how it is when starting a new game, if we don't get it right at the start it means having to start a new game.. and again... and again :) Cheers

The question is very accurate, the change of times in navigation is done by the Hookmod which does not work with the Beta.

The problem of not being able to perform the different missions by navigation I think they have solved it, at least I was able to complete the initial missions without too many problems, although like everything in this game I had to repeat several times.

The Activemap gives us the possibility to see the Caribbean map by just pressing the M or N key, it is very useful.

The Map that the developers have included does not have the grid of the Islands but it is more artistic.

Back