• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Freeze after selecting "new game" (with nvidia)

20GX

Landlubber
Hi,

I decided to play this game again after many years, and installed it on my laptop (win10, nvidia geforce 940mx, i5 7200U, 8g ram). The installation went well, the game launches, but then it freezes on the loading screen after selecting new game.
I've looked up some threads about this and apparently it often occurs with an intel gpu, but I have a nvidia one. I've also installed the latest build 14 but I still have this issue when starting a new game.

This is what the system.log says:

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 8
Techniques: 9 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 180 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 1004953422 ticks.
BeginScene
The method call is invalid For example, a method's parameter may have an invalid value

____
(I linked the compile.log aswell if that helps)

any ideas on what I could do to solve this issue?

Attachments

• compile.log
    5.3 KB · Views: 228
Same issue and I have almost same configuration like yours. Cant figure it out. Try with windows xp compatibility mode.

You could try the Intel fix anyway and see if that makes a difference.
Wouldn't be the first time the mere presence of an Intel card messes things up, despite there being a proper SFX card as well. :modding

That's a workaround but you won't be getting the best graphics. Do you have an up to date driver for the nVidia card? Also, check the BIOS and see if there's a way to force the laptop to use only the nVidia card.

But at least, if there is no way to persuade PoTC to use the proper card, you can still play it with Intel graphics. :onya

Back