• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help French questline problem

koatys790

Landlubber
Hello pirates. I want to thank you for all your help.
My problem is this: I`m a privateer for france. In my second mission, wich is to deliver a letter to curacaoa i have a serious problem. When i arrive to curacao, i speak with the general governor (can´t remember his name but is the head of hollandd) and im thrown into jail (i know is part of the story). Then i speak with the man who says he has a father in law working for the governor and then a day has pass. Now i speak with the governor and he says that i`m free to go and all my belongins will be returned to me. I go out of jail but when im on the fort the guards begin to shoot me and i dont have any belongins ( not even my french patent). The strange thing is that when i open a chest my items (including the patent) are in my posetion but in the item menu i have no items to equip (not even the patent). This is a bug or just i´m doing something wrong? Thank you and forgive my bad english.

Been forever since I played the French quests. I've never actually finished that questline. However, I seem to remember the initial missions.....questions:

Was your status with Holland "Hostile" when you began the quest?

Have you tried running out of the town - out of contact with guards - and then look at what's in your inventory - and try to equip items?

MK

Hi, my relation with holland is neutral, i never had problems with holland before. I cannot equip anything, i try that. I try to buy a new privateer license and come back to the governor of france in tortuga. After that the quest is over but i have no reward. all my other items like my cuirass and the spyglass have the same problem (thy are in my "pockets" when i open a chest but i cannot equip them becaue they are not listed in my item menu). Thank you for your reply.

You're welcome Mate,

I will play the French quests next game I start and see if I can find the issue.

MK

Had just the same some days ago, everything gone but without Dutch being hostile to me.
When I returned to Tortuga he said, that he would not know me and I should come back when..blah.
Bought me a Letter of Marque and he mumbled about my ties to the pirates so I had to use the debugger to get things right.
After this all was back in order with him.

Greetings

Jolie

I had the exact same problem too. I've noticed that the first guard who supposed to give you back all your stuff when leaving the prison, starts the same annoyed dialog like the rest of the guards instead of the dialog where he makes an apology (which is the one that gives you back all your stuff if im not mistaken). Looks like it's been a while since this problem was mentioned...:confused: Did someone managed a way to avoid this bug? I'd really like to know. Thanks to anyone who can give me at least a hint...

Back