• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Game crashes immediately upon boarding

Dr. Dirtbag

Landlubber
Hi all

I have really been enjoying this mod and all the work you've put into it but now I encountered something that almost completely breaks my progress. When I try to board an enemy ship, the game crashes one to two seconds after the fight starts without fail. The only exception was a case where only the enemy captain was present and no other friendly or enemy npcs. Unfairly enough, the game runs fine when I am being boarded by the enemy.
I saw Boarding crashes - anyone? this thread but my crashes seem unrelated to looting.

Attachments

• compile.log
    7.3 KB · Views: 150
  • system.log
    984 bytes · Views: 136
  • error.log
    448 bytes · Views: 137
"compile.log" shows you to be using a version dated 31st march 2016. That is obsolete. You may want to install the current version, from links which you'll find here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:28th February 2020]
However, if you install this, you'll need to start a new game as this version will not recognise savegames from the 2016 version.
Ahh I see, thanks so much! I just found a solution which is to remove one of the officers from my party, but I still might want to update my game though :D

"compile.log" shows you to be using a version dated 31st march 2016. That is obsolete. You may want to install the current version, from links which you'll find here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:28th February 2020]
However, if you install this, you'll need to start a new game as this version will not recognise savegames from the 2016 version.
Alright so now I updated and the game isn't starting at all any more, showing an "abnormal program termination" error.

Attachments

• error.log
    552 bytes · Views: 157
Glad to see you have a working game now, @Dr. Dirtbag! :aar

I don't recall the bug about the game crashing straight after boarding. I do remember that it sometimes used to crash if you looted chests or corpses, and that one has been fixed for some time. Some other bugs have also been fixed over the years. And a lot of new stuff has been added. Have fun!

Back