• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game crashes upon combat, seemingly when drawing swords, firing pistols, or engaging the enemy

Ereandur

Landlubber
Hello there! (HAH did you get this very old meme?)

Jokes asside, the game has been frustrating me to say the least. I have been unable to play the game since it crashes frequently upon combat. As a description: It seems to regularly fail whenever I enter combat, wheter on enemy vessels, wether on contact with the enemy, when fighting random enemies or being assaulted in the streets by some wackadoodle.

Own fixes: Deleted options file, restarted game. No change. Limited frame rate: No change. Compatibility mode Vista 2: even worse, it didn't allow me to click the buttons in the menu, making me unable to launch the game for some reason.

To add to this: Whenever I get into the menu, the buttons of the game flash rapidly sometimes. As if someone put a strobelight on behind the button. Secondly: Whenever I engage in a conversation, game seems to halt for a moment. The Character dialogue picture still moves, but the main character seems to hang up for a moment.

I have put both the compile and error logs in the attachments, hope we can fix this!

Attachments

• compile.log
    3.5 KB · Views: 27
  • error.log
    448 bytes · Views: 34
Hello there! :ahoySeems you have an old version of the game. Ever tried the one in itch.io? If you install that one through the application it auto-updates as well so no need to worry about updates/improvements anymore unless your current build is heavily modified?

That "compile.log" shows that you are using the January 2022 installer without the later updates. Though you're missing out on some bug-fixes and new features, that version ought to work.

Have you changed any of the settings in the "Options" menu? In particular, have you changed the settings for gunpowder for pistols, or for weapon quality? A couple of the messages in "error.log" seem to indicate that the game is trying to look at an item which does not exist.

Back