• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Game crashes when I kill The Dark Teacher

joergentf

Powder Monkey
Hi,

It seems like I've encountered a bug where the game crashes to desktop every time I try to Kill The Dark Teaceher in the "Strange things is going on in the Carribbean" quest. He speak to me, and doesn't attack me at all. He doesn't seem to be wearing a weapon either. I have the newest release of the build mod (the january 2022 one). I hope there is a fix for this that doesn't require me to restart the game. Error-log attached.

Attachments

• compile.log
    53.4 KB · Views: 82
  • error.log
    535 bytes · Views: 96
  • system.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 87
Can you upload a savegame from shortly before you go to fight the Dark Teacher? You'll need to use an archive program such as 7-Zip to compress the file before you upload it.
7-Zip

Your "error.log" is showing some peculiar messages and I'd like to find out what's causing them.

Here you go. One Quick Save after the dialogue and one normal save from before.

Attachments

• Pirates.7z
    673.6 KB · Views: 64
Somehow the fine quality katana has suffered a total existence failure! Did you perhaps alter the "Weapon Qualities" setting in the "Options" menu during the game?

Dark Teacher is given a fine quality katana at the start of the game, unless "Weapon Qualities" has been disabled, in which case the fine quality katana doesn't exist and he gets a basic katana instead. "Weapon Qualities" must have been in effect at the start of your game because he has a fine quality katana and has it equipped. Except that because the fine quality katana doesn't exist, he has nothing equipped, which is why he doesn't appear to wear a weapon and does not attack you. When you kill an enemy, you automatically loot his equipped weapon, except that you're trying to loot a non-existent weapon, which is why the game crashes.

Download the attached file and put into your game's "PROGRAM" folder. Load your savegame from before the dialog. Press F12 and you should see a message "Executed Console" on screen. That should remove the Dark Teacher's non-existent fine quality katana, then give him a basic katana and equip him with it. Then go in to talk to him.

Attachments

• console.c
    35.5 KB · Views: 77
Ahhh. Thank you. That must be the reason. I disabled weapon qualities at the start of the game. I tried the fix and everyting worked!

Back