• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game Crashes

falloutg123

Landlubber
i have tryed playing this mod many ties in the past but have always had no luck
the game and mod installs fine the game runs fine some what when i start a new game the game come with a Microsoft error ENGINE.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. note the game works fine without the mod
here is my computer specs
Processor:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:
1016MB RAM
Hard Drive:
160 GB
Video Card:
Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.090206-1233)
so why can't i play the damn game this is really frustrating

Ahoy falloutg123, welcome aboard mate! Intel Chipsets are notoriously bad at running games, I'm surprised the stock game will run at all on your machine. Part of the reason is that most integrated video chipsets share memory with the main system memory, a very bad idea! You really only have a couple of options, install a dedicated video card and turn off the onboard Intel video. or you could try Swiftshader. Swiftshader is a software rendering package that attempts to replicate video hardware rendering, as this is software simulating hardware, it will slow everything down tremendously and may not even work. Your best bet is a dedicated video card.

Ahoy falloutg123, welcome aboard mate! Intel Chipsets are notoriously bad at running games, I'm surprised the stock game will run at all on your machine. Part of the reason is that most integrated video chipsets share memory with the main system memory, a very bad idea! You really only have a couple of options, install a dedicated video card and turn off the onboard Intel video. or you could try Swiftshader. Swiftshader is a software rendering package that attempts to replicate video hardware rendering, as this is software simulating hardware, it will slow everything down tremendously and may not even work. Your best bet is a dedicated video card.

i use swiftshader and was finally able to play the game i played it for a hour and then went to bed after wakening up the game no longer works but this time i have no error msg it just jumps back to windows

i deleted the options file because i saw someone mention that in a post the game is running fine but i can't change the settings because it corrupts the game
and i can't pause the game because the resume button does not work

EDIT: the option file must be deleted every time i start the game

Swiftshader is indeed a PITA! But at least your able to play the Build now, glad you at least got it working.

Back