• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Game Preferences misspelled-bug

SaltySeas7

Powder Monkey
Build 4.1 (The latest beta)

* Game Options - Game Preferences - Sail-Ho Info Level "Reports only only a "strange sail on the horizon"

..Contains two "only only" words, should only be one!

I had my doubts whether or not I should report it, but I am somewhat experienced with the annoyances of bugs and the sooner I report that tiny bug the sooner I will realize that I avoid getting angry over it after 3 years of staring at it. :)

If you liked the bug, I'll come back with more later xD

I had my doubts whether or not I should report it, but I am somewhat experienced with the annoyances of bugs and the sooner I report that tiny bug the sooner I will realize that I avoid getting angry over it after 3 years of staring at it. :)
Always better to report stuff than to not report stuff.
I strongly dislike typos, so I prefer to see such errors fixed than for such stupid things to keep being wrong. :facepalm

If you liked the bug, I'll come back with more later xD
Oh dear.... what did I get myself into....? :rofl

If you REALLY have a lot of them, I may end up pointing you to the relevant files and ask you to correct them yourself. :wp
That is actually quite easy to do as long as they're simple typos/dialog errors/etc.

Probably a good idea. :onya That's how I got started - finding typos, finding out what to edit to correct them, mostly in "dialog.h" files. And then figuring out how to fiddle with "dialog.c" files. Which got me into coding...

Which means if @SaltySeas7 follows a similar path, we end up with another modder. And that's always good. :D

The relevant file is RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\SettingsDescribe.txt which can be easily edited with Notepad.
This will be corrected in the next update. :doff

You should be able to zip them up and attach them to a forum post here.

Back