• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help game resolution

botaki

Landlubber
hello everyone ive had a problem for some time with SDTEHO
when changing to 2560x1080
it seems to streach the games butons for instance the i cant click the skill buttons in the character frame when switchign to 1920x1080 it works fine but im forced to play in a window covering half my screen is this a common problem or just me? cause i cant seem to find anything about it anywhere

it seems to streach the games butons for instance the i cant click the skill buttons in the character frame when switchign to 1920x1080 it works fine but im forced to play in a window covering half my screen is this a common problem or just me? cause i cant seem to find anything about it anywhere
Do you mean that the game window itself falls partly outside your computer screen?
If so, I've had that problem with PotC and managed to solve it by running the game in "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" compatibility mode.

no no when i put the game in 2560x1080 it fits full screen but the the clickable areas are in diffrent places for example the photos as u can see im right clicking on the abilities and its showing the crew member discription when changing to 1920x1080 the problem goes away i even downloaded a mod that changes the interface maybe it will fix it but nothing worked
1.jpg
2.jpg

TEHO is adapted to 16:9, this may be a problem. I'm not sure if there is a way to fix that

It has to do with the FOV (field of view) for High Resolution Monitors and that can only be changed if the Program Folder is unlocked. Same problem exists with CoAS.

For my monitor i had to do the following changes:

Insert the resolution values into the lines "screen_x" and "screen_y" of the "engine.ini" file:

screen_x = 2560

screen_y = 1440

To fix the ASPECT RATIO go to:

"C:AoP2CoAS\Program\INTERFACE\interface.c" and search for the following line:

showWindow.aspectRatio = (h*4.0)/(w*3.0);

change it to:

showWindow.aspectRatio = 1.0;

For ZOOMING OUT AT SEA you need to go to "C:AoP2CoAS\Program/SEA_AI/AICameras" and search for the following lines:

SeaFreeCamera.Perspective = 1.285;

// Ship camera paramerets

SeaShipCamera.Perspective = 1.285;

change them to:

SeaFreeCamera.Perspective = 1.885;

// Ship camera paramerets

SeaShipCamera.Perspective = 1.885;

It has to do with the FOV (field of view)
Hmm... how fov is related to the interface? I think this is because of xinterface resolution settings which are hardcoded in teho as well as font aspect ratio. But maybe you're right

I hope Chez does because I have no idea. Sorry

No, this is not something I've seen before because I have no such monitor. While in our version of the engine, I have incorporated support for different video adapters/monitors, other than the Windows default like the old game, this screen object-click anomaly is not something that has been raised to my attention.

That said, the sea perspective is another thing I've incorporated an option slider for in ours, but will have nothing to do with those screen interface objects, so I don't see that fixing anything for those because it only affects the camera perspective when in sea view.

The aspect ratio and zooming out at sea are of course two different things but both make you feel much more comfortable with widescreen resolutions in old pirate games.

SD:TEHO i tried ur fix but again when clicking on the abilities it shows the crew members
changing to 1920x1080 fixes the prob so i guess it must be someproblem with the streching to 21:9 and the crewmembers buttons cover the abilities

Ha! I just set my display in start.ini to replicate a 21:9 by using 1866 x 800. Then I tested this using my version (dubbed Maelstrom, instead of Storm) and I don't have this problem because quite some time ago, I modified the xinterface code to readjust the character screen elements to resize and realign themselves based on the monitor's resolution/aspect ratios all by themselves. This was an idea presented to me by one of our ERAS users. Turned out to be a good idea, eh?

@botaki

My example fits for my 32 inch 16:9 screen and can of course not fit to 21:9. I only wanted to show that there are possibilities to change the games standard resolutions.

@botaki
Turns out, 21:9 isn't the only resolution with that problem. A 16:9 also does. I have 1080x1920 and a right-click on the abilities renders the same problem:
TEHOProblem.jpg

If you click on the left side of an ability in the screen you get the help text from the box to the left. If you click on the center or right of the ability you get the help text for the ability. This is with the stock TEHO game at 1920 by 1080.

Hook

Back