• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Game starts up in the corner of screen

Jerdna_Stark

Powder Monkey
Hello there!

So I've recently installed the base game and the New Horizons mod to my PC and the first few times I booted it up and played, I had a blast (figuratively and literally in some cases)!

However, recently the game's been refusing to start up properly. When I click on the application shortcut, the game launches as if it is launching normally, but when it gets to the opening cinematic with the cannonball flying into a ship, the whole window decides to take a sidestep to the bottom right area of my screen! :(

Visual representation (the checkered background is inserted to represent the rest of the screen, not a part of the game starting up):
1661429830551.png

And from here, I can still interact with the menu, I can load a save or quit, but it remains in this position!

Now, I can "fix" this by starting the game from the "Configure" application and it starts completely normally, however it erases my profile and saved game data. And if I start it up again from the shortcut, the profile and saved game are there, but it turns up like the image above again!

I'm not good with folders, files and archives so I'm not sure where I should even begin to look.

Would anybody be able to help me out?

hello, from what you wrote before it wasn't like that, did you update your pc or did you open other programs open underneath?: Rumgone

Last edited:
I advise you to close all the programs and then start the game .. it does not necessarily work but trying not to harm .. at least when this problem arises I do this .. hello and good life

hello, from what you wrote before it wasn't like that, did you update your pc or did you open other programs open underneath?: Rumgone
Hello!

There were no updates when this happened last time.

If I understand correctly, you advise me to close all applications which are currently running before starting the game?

Set "Windows Vista (service pack 2)" compatibility mode in the shortcut settings.

I get that problem also; and thid fixes it for me.

Set "Windows Vista (service pack 2)" compatibility mode in the shortcut settings.

I get that problem also; and thid fixes it for me.
Thank you so much!

Please, how do I access shortcut settings? Is it in the Settings app or is it related to the game's shortcut itself?

Please, how do I access shortcut settings? Is it in the Settings app or is it related to the game's shortcut itself?
Right-click and find the options choice (usually the bottom in the pop-up menu).
Then find the tab for compatibility mode.

Back