• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

gentlemen of fortune / Gof

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugwash21

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Hello all I keep reading about this mod called (gentlemen of fortune /gof) but cant find it anywhere ,I hear its being worked on and some people are testing it.I have Combined Mod v3.2 and it works perfectly so thanks for the Mod to those concerned .

You can't find it because it's not done. We're still working on it Mate. We're getting very close though. Very Soon. :keith

This topic allows swabs to ask questions about GOF at the moment, but we will ask the moderators to delete it when GOF goes out because the release post will likely have the same name as this one.

MK

Hey mates,
Ive heard a bit about the GOF mod aswell, but haven't found enough information to understand what exactly it is?
Could someone possibly give me a taster for what's to be included in it? Also when will the release date be?

Thanks

guess its going to be something like the community mod. But instead of assembling things from community mods, they have gone a step further, and have retaken CoAS from the basics.
developped a concept, pointed out major flaws, implemented changes and...

?

We don't want to give anything away just yet. We have given teasers into somethings we have done but for the most part of it we have kept it to ourselves. A lot has changed and a lot of annoying bugs have been fixed, some nice new features, at the moment it is going through one of the many tests we have done to make sure no new bugs have surfaced and there are a few bugs we are trying to locate and fix. I can't tell you any more apart from it will be worth the wait.

We don't want to give anything away just yet. We have given teasers into somethings we have done but for the most part of it we have kept it to ourselves. A lot has changed and a lot of annoying bugs have been fixed, some nice new features, at the moment it is going through one of the many tests we have done to make sure no new bugs have surfaced and there are a few bugs we are trying to locate and fix. I can't tell you any more apart from it will be worth the wait.

Fantastic! Sounds like a fresh new step if you ask me then :) Where can i find these teasers? Are there any links to forums because i have completely no clue about what will be included
Also where did the name come from? 'Gentlemen of Fortune' sounds quite exotic haha. Nevertheless, greatly looking forward to a change in CoAS. Welldone!

H.

yea me too...
very, "VERY" curious. But damn, dudes, you gottobe stealthier than F-22 and F-35 together.
not even Google spits out any hints.
Hope you it us like Lancasters did the german dams...

I know, surely there's a big team of modders working on this addition? Yet no-one has leaked any info..! Must say well done to that, building up the suspense badly already for me, and i only found out about the GOF Mod this morning haha! Can we at least have an insight on the amount thats being added to the game, will it be a whole new Story?, Set?, Characters.. etc. In other words a whole new game? or is it tweaks for the existing game?

H.

Thats good news then, not for you guy's because the search engines came back with no hits but for us its very good news. It means the team of modders have been doing everything in there power to keep things between each other. I can't find ther topic right now but it does give you some little teasers. If i remember correctly it is also in this part of the COAS forum.

As soon as the teem's leader, don't want to mention any names (OP), says its good too go! That will be when all the gremlins go away I suppose. Pray they do!!!

GoF sounds swell to me, but are the makers lookin into the Engine as well, regarding these dastardly crashes and bugs or just script related stuff. Would be nice to finally get rid of them rare but still annoying ctd's. But still, it sounds very promising.

GoF sounds swell to me, but are the makers lookin into the Engine as well, regarding these dastardly crashes and bugs or just script related stuff. Would be nice to finally get rid of them rare but still annoying ctd's. But still, it sounds very promising.

The only crash I've encountered is also the one I would like fixed is if you alt tab the game it crashes.

I'm pretty sure that is a system wide keystroke for windows and will do it in just about any game. But maybe there might be a way around it.
dunno.gif

Welcome aboard Aeterna!
danse1.gif

Set full_screen = 0 in engine.ini and you can Alt+Tab what you want without crashes.
Set screen_x and screen_y to your desktop resolution.

And welcome aboard indeed, Aeterna. :doff

Set full_screen = 0 in engine.ini and you can Alt+Tab what you want without crashes.
Set screen_x and screen_y to your desktop resolution.

And welcome aboard indeed, Aeterna. :doff

First of all, thanks for the welcome from both of you :gday

Secondly, thanks for that. I thought that that would put it in Windowed mode, and maybe it does though it doesn't look like it. Now I can Alt Tab as much as I want. :yes Thanks again though Pieter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back