• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Getting items from dead bodies?

jacksonhardaker

Landlubber
In the Pirates of the Caribbean booklet (which comes with the game) it says something about picking items up off of the bodies of your enemies.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and how? I can't find any other reference to it anywhere and I feel kinda cheated that I go to the trouble to kill some guys and their bodies dissapear without me getting anything. ;):

In the stock standard game you sadly get nothing but experience for killing people (I could be wrong, you might actually gain some money too, but definitely no items). However, if you apply the NK Build 10.1, which can be downloaded from here:

http://mods.piratesahoy.net/uploads/nathan...ild%20v10.1.zip

You will often get weapons from your dead assailants. This build does wonders for the game (far more than simply giving you dead people's items) and is highly recommended by most people at this site. Note you'll have to start again if you choose to install it.

If you want to read about it, check here:

http://members.westnet.com.au/sampow/Build...ld%20Readme.rtf

The build is fan produced (by various members of this site and others I believe) but many people here have played it to death, so it's pretty safe to install.

lets just say, if you use it and dont like it, you must be mentally challenged or somethin...RECOMMENDED is that you play it once without build first though.

There is a NEW BUILD coming VERY SOON, suggest you wait instead of downloading 10.1 and then 11.0 within days of each other.

Awesome stuff coming! ;)

hey!! just remembered, i keep forgettin to ask'e. Cat, when we use 11.0, can we just add it on to the 10.1, or would we have to uninstall the game to get rid of the 10.1 build from the game, and THEN pud 11 in? how would that all work?

We've been testing it both ways, clean install over a newly installed game, and install over 10.1, and AFAIK you should be able to install all right over 10.1 and be just fine.

that would be cool...i also have a few ideas:

the one that i used in a different post that showed a smiley puke on another!!! haha

a smiley actually drinking the mug, instead of just "cheers"ing with another smiley.

:cheers: xD:

Back