• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved GOF 2.0 questions

Greyfoot

Sailor
Alright ladies and gents, just installed GOF 2.0 and encountered some things I don't understand.

Peter Blood starts as English, leaving the plantation nation becomes pirate. I would understand this, since he is screwing with the sentence he was given but this was not a feature before and it worth mentioning. Those 160k+ trading licenses a month are unpayable.

Other thing is cannon reload times. AI ships tend to use smaller caliber guns and they end up shooting continously due to low reload times coupled with skilled crew/officer. This is extremely annoying as a lugger or yacth is able to shoot literally without reload like a machine gun, loaded with grapes makes up for small caliber. Also I encountered merchants with 16lbs cannons, shooting broadsides after broadsides within seconds.

In the mod options tab, what do you have your cannon option set to?

Realistic, COAS vanilla, OR Inbetween.

I find when starting out that "Inbetween" is the best choice and think it does make a difference. Once you level up and get more skills they will not shoot so fast and you will shoot faster. Once I get to a higher stage I set it to realistic.

I know Luke made more changes to the guns in this mod, so not sure if that is one of the reasons or not.

MK

Its set at Realistic so will try Inbeetwen just to see. Also noticed that I had a hard time sinking a galeoth with a 28guns frigate with cannonballs loaded. Cannons also don't fall out. Encountered a couple of script errors too when shooting enemy ships. The message on the top of the screen(where you'd see level up or abilities +1) during battle.
Will start a new game to see if Blood stays English or becomes pirate again for no reason.
Thanks

Little update here, Blood's nation turns to Pirates after killing the captain of the Cinco Llagas. I still don't know whether its intentional or not but makes the game real hard.

Yeah its supposed to be hard. Try trading and running passengers between pirate colonies.

Do you still have an English flag???? If you do, it won't be that hard to get your rep up again. Sneak in at night from the land gate and see if you can take some missions the next day. Save and then try to approach the governor to take a mission or two. Once you've succeeded, you will be on good terms again.

If you don't have your English flag anymore, sneak into a capitol of another nation at night time that you would like to play for. Should be one that is not friendly to England. Try Spanish or better yet Dutch. Wait until daylight and see if you can get any missions from the governor, the priest, etc. to help get your rep up with that nation. If you do a few church missions - especially the purging of the undead from the island dungeon, your rep will go up fast (and you can cheat and go back to get credit on that one as many times as you want). You will still not be able to go into the port with your ship until you get a flag. When you get your first ship perk bonus, select a flag that you want.

I hope this helps. MK

Thanks mate, already got a privateer licence, that 60days trading licence which I stole in the beggining helped a lot. Its just strange but an understandable turn in the events I never experienced with Peter Blood before.

Back