• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

GOF Historical Eras II Help for Personal Change

Hydrak

Landlubber
Hello I start to say that I play the mod on and off for few yrs, and is just the best game you can play if you like Pirates and Ships!! Thank you for your hard and good work <3

I recently start a new game and i have few questions and few things that i really would like to change, just for my own experience.

1) What and where can I change the code for be able , during battles , to swap ship from the ship menu ? I mean from the menu where you can exchange goods and crew beetween ships, set and remove captain.. I really would like to do that during battle, especially big battles... I think can bring some more RTS if I m able to control, swap and use all the ships... The IA is great but sometimes my ships crash into each other and lose a lot of HP... hopefully is only a bool to change... right? :) ( I hope)
Or enable the Arcade mode Sail to ship while in combat mode?

2) There is a way to don t lose part of your crew when you board a surrended ship? 50% of the time I lose 100-200 crew and there is no battle lol

Last edited:
1. Would be great, especially to prevent your ships destroying each other almost every single battle. Would be even more awesome if you could map each ship to a key for really fluid control over your fleet. That would actually solve a lot of problems.

1. Would be great, especially to prevent your ships destroying each other almost every single battle. Would be even more awesome if you could map each ship to a key for really fluid control over your fleet. That would actually solve a lot of problems.
I wonder what @ChezJfrey might be able to do for that.
He still supports ERAS2 on the Buccaneer's Reef.
I can't find the link to their Discord now, but @Mirsaneli can probably help.

I wonder what @ChezJfrey might be able to do for that.
He still supports ERAS2 on the Buccaneer's Reef.
I can't find the link to their Discord now, but @Mirsaneli can probably help.
I think that was wishful thinking on my part. Though I don't think it would be all that complicated, not for a coder at least. The good thing is the functions already exist, the only problem would be mapping new controls to a modified condition of the same function.

Essentially number keys bound to the swap ship execute but without the proximity restriction. It might even be simpler to have that replace the existing UI key map instead of overlapping it.

I would attempt this myself but I'm not even close to getting even basic mapping working correctly lol.

Back