• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Gold

One of my friends said that the loanshark sent a tartane after him, but he also said he encountered a "Spanish Armada" of sevaral hundred Mows and battleships in the stock game, and they were all at 1% hull. After he did this he claimed he was at level 1000, but then the computer crashed and he lost the save, so Im inclined not to belive most of what he says about that.

Anyway, I borrow from the money lender HUGE amounts and draw my sword on him. Just to be safe, I sack the city anyway.

<!--QuoteBegin-v_Grimmelshausen+May 9 2005, 06:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(v_Grimmelshausen @ May 9 2005, 06:00 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The sums you get are big, true, but I suppose that´s because they´re not Dubloons but Reales. A Reale is 1/8th Piece of Eight and a Piece of Eight is 1/16th Dubloon, because a Piece of Eight is pecisely one ounce of silver and a Dubloon one ounce of gold, and gold is valued sixteen times the weight in silver.
<div align="right">[snapback]104597[/snapback]</div><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> I don't think I've ever seen the money referred to as anything other than "gold" in the game, except one time when it was mentioned as a "ducat" - and a ducat is defined is a gold coin weighing 3.5 grams of .986 pure gold.

No, its in the sound file that he says sometimes.

"as much as I loathe the Spanish, their dubloons are always wecome here" I think

Back