• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved goods

PROGRAM\Store\initGoods.c
RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\GoodsDescribe.txt

also, if i wanted to use the sugar picture with the new salt item, do these two files that you've mentioned contain the info to do this or is there another file that contains the pictures?

ok, read a post on the subject and figuered it out. But , when i use the sugar pic for my salt good, the pic is ok and even the description is ok, but i get no title like the other goods. What file is the file for titles or is it alreadt imprinted in the goods. tga.txt file?

whats that jack?
I couldn't write posts. :modding

Besides the files Pieter mentioned you need to change:

PROGRAM\Store\goods.h
RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES\pictures.ini
RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\goods.tga.tx
RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\goods_new.tga.tx

but i get no title like the other goods
maybe the change in goods.h is needed too??

thanks for your reply and i did change everything except the tga.tx files because i am using the existing pic, example, i will use sugar pic for salt and i got it to work but, the name title which states the name of the product i can't seem to get to show. The info i get as well. so i was wondering how to get the pic to say SALT

thanks for your reply and i did change everything except the tga.tx files because i am using the existing pic, example, i will use sugar pic for salt and i got it to work but, the name title which states the name of the product i can't seem to get to show. The info i get as well. so i was wondering how to get the pic to say SALT

ok, i think i figuered which file i need to alter and that's goodsdescribed to have the goods title to show up in the picture and just above the info button. I copied the same exact way the other goods are example

Oil {Oil}
Oil_descr
{
Olive oil is used in cooking many different kinds of dishes.
}
Tea {Tea}
Tea_descr
{
The aromatic treasure of the New World.
}

tea being the new goods and no title for tea in game, any ideas?

ok. i tried that and i still can't get the salt title to show, although i got the slaves to work no problem. I even tried to switch names salt to sugar thinking there was some other file that needs salt put in, in order for the salt title to show, but the new salt pic didn't even show the sugar title. Is there another file?

tried different things and no go, so. here's a simple question. What file or files make the titles appear in the picture when in the store buying goods? It shouldn't be that big of a deal, i would think.

ok, i figuered it out. The file that i needed was the common.ini file that allows the title to appear and thanks to all for your help. Now i just need to find out how to make new pictures for my new items. What tool do you guys use to create new pics for goods? Oh yeah, i see a pic for weapons, but no index entry in picture.ini file. How do i get that or what are the numbers i need for that weapons pic? Example: picture = Rum,128,128,256,256

Back