• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion GoT Development

Do ye want to remaster AoP 2?

• Aye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nein

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OldManSparrow

Sailor Apprentice
Ahoy there PA!

I've played:
Sea Dogs 2
Sea Dogs 3
AoP 1
AoP 2

I.ve noticed GoT is not updated anymore, but you guys are working on Sea Dogs 2 version....
why not try to do that in the AoP 2 version, because in my opinion there are better shader, animation, actually all graphic quality is better on that engine.

So is there a reason why you guys have stopped?

Game_of_Thrones_title_card.jpg

?

Sea Dogs 2
You mean the 2003 Pirates of the Caribbean? We've always been working on that.

Because the people who were working on that here have moved on?

I.ve noticed GoT is not updated anymore, but you guys are working on Sea Dogs 2 version....
why not try to do that in the AoP 2 version, because in my opinion there are better shader, animation, actually all graphic quality is better on that engine.

Different modders work (or worked) on different games. For example, I work on "Pirates of the Caribbean", alias "Sea Dogs 2", because that's the game I have and with which I am familiar. I never stopped working on AoP because I never started working on AoP. :D

I'm going to guess that "GoT" should really be "GoF", i.e. "Gentlemen of Fortune", a mod for AoP2.

I know that. Sorry I am not very clear.

I mean: Why develop on a less nicer grphical game instead of the game with more graphical details.

Because PotC keeps updating, but why not update the more detailed game AoP 2.

Why develop on a less nicer grphical game instead of the game with more graphical details.
Because we were already working on it, of course.
We did actually intend to switch eventually, but that took a side-turn for reasons I will not bother to elaborate on.

Fact is: People do what they like to do.
The people working on PotC like to do that.

Because we were already working on it, of course.
We did actually intend to switch eventually, but that took a side-turn for reasons I will not bother to elaborate on.

Fact is: People do what they like to do.
The people working on PotC like to do that.

Ah if that's the case.... I have nothing to say. All I can say is: enjoy!

As I said, because the folks working on PoTC aren't the ones working on AoP2. But there has been some work going the other way, trying to get PoTC to use AoP's superior graphics:
POTC Vanilla Running in 2.8 COAS Engine
New Horizons on JLB Maelstrom 2.8.2 engine

Tnx gonna check it

Back