• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Greenford fort quest invincibility

Spaz

Landlubber
useing NK buld 10.1 i was trying to do the Greenford Fort quest where you attack the fort... and no matter how much i fired into the fort, it took no damage.. i tried all the different ammo types... nothing... but when my ship was taken down to about 1/3 of my ships life the fort finally took damage.. but by then i didnt have enough time to destroy the fort before i was sunk... also to see if it was a real glitch i did the whole talk to danielle to get the go ahead to attack but instead went to Oxbay and attacked there... for a minute it was the same thing... but then it took damage and i destroyed the fort landed and took the fort... and then after i defeted Oxbay port i immediatly attack greenford and it worked i could do damage... so i decided to try to attack oxbay till i could do damage to that and then goto greenford ... but when i went to greenford i still couldnt do damage to it and lost again... any help?

Thats weird Spaz,I use battleship,24lb culverines,cannonballs,cannonballs do more damage than bombs.Aim for the towers on the fort.Carry extra planks,sailcloth and use qiuck repair perks and repair abilities.Sail close to shoreline and blast away,Fort cannons do not appear to be as effective at close range,anyways that always works for me. :):

im using a battleship 32 lb cannons cannonballs... i usally just sit there and blast it but no damage.. i'd win if i did damage.. i dont usally care about repairing my ship because it gets repaired once the fort falls... but this fort i just cant... so ill try buying a hell of allot of planks i guess.. so thanks :):

I found this old post by NK maybe it will help
As of 8.3 IIRC all forts are mortal now.
Including Oxbay, actually, though taking Oxbay manually will do #)-all.

Though the piece of code that makes them mortal only runs at night; so if they're made immortal due to a quest, you'll need to wait overnight for them to be made mortal again.

thanks anyways but what you said before helped and i got past that.. in fact i beat the game again.. so im done playing untill some new mods come out... its kinda pointless running around with 3 million gold and a unstoppable boarding crew...

I have the same problem as Spaz, but I'm still stuck. :/ I allready shot the soldiers inside the fort down to 10 men...
And I keep getting experience for cannons which explode, but the hull (at day as well as at night) remains undamaged.
I have a Battleship with 24 lbs culverines.
Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Any help is appreciated.
Thnx,
Redcoil

Back