• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Grotto mission

vassock

Landlubber
I got the Grotto mission from the church in Jamaica. I found the Grotto, but the zombies kill me right away. I have 3 companions with me, but it is of no use. How do I win this?

<!--quoteo(post=321332:date=May 21 2009, 03:22 AM:name=vassock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vassock @ May 21 2009, 03:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321332"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I got the Grotto mission from the church in Jamaica. I found the Grotto, but the zombies kill me right away. I have 3 companions with me, but it is of no use. How do I win this?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
There is a need to develop skills. One way the murder of skeletons in the grotto, but no quest church, where they are stronger. Also, you should use all means of defense and attack.

When enter the grotto, call skeletons and back to the exit, there skeletons will be one to one. This is without officers.
The system of fencing is very different from Potc. Learn how to feint and parry.

<!--quoteo(post=321434:date=May 21 2009, 06:20 AM:name=Valeriyan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Valeriyan @ May 21 2009, 06:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321434"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=321332:date=May 21 2009, 03:22 AM:name=vassock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vassock @ May 21 2009, 03:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321332"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I got the Grotto mission from the church in Jamaica. I found the Grotto, but the zombies kill me right away. I have 3 companions with me, but it is of no use. How do I win this?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
There is a need to develop skills. One way the murder of skeletons in the grotto, but no quest church, where they are stronger. Also, you should use all means of defense and attack.

When enter the grotto, call skeletons and back to the exit, there skeletons will be one to one. This is without officers.
The system of fencing is very different from Potc. Learn how to feint and parry.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I tried with and without officers and there seem to be 4-5 skeletons, anyway. When alone, this does not change. Also, I cannot exit after they have been called.

<!--quoteo(post=321629:date=May 22 2009, 04:56 AM:name=vassock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vassock @ May 22 2009, 04:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321629"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I tried with and without officers and there seem to be 4-5 skeletons, anyway. When alone, this does not change. Also, I cannot exit after they have been called.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Nono, you misunderstood. What he meant is that near the exist there is a narrow ledge (at the end of which is a chest, IIRC). You can go there and force the skeletons to attack you only one at a time, but obviously this is a solo tactic and your officers will be useless and they'll just get killed.

<!--quoteo(post=321656:date=May 22 2009, 04:34 AM:name=Sordid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sordid @ May 22 2009, 04:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321656"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=321629:date=May 22 2009, 04:56 AM:name=vassock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vassock @ May 22 2009, 04:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321629"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I tried with and without officers and there seem to be 4-5 skeletons, anyway. When alone, this does not change. Also, I cannot exit after they have been called.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Nono, you misunderstood. What he meant is that near the exist there is a narrow ledge (at the end of which is a chest, IIRC). You can go there and force the skeletons to attack you only one at a time, but obviously this is a solo tactic and your officers will be useless and they'll just get killed.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I tried it. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop the skeletons from shooting me with their pistols. Usually, 1 shot kills me. If not, the second one does. Also, if my officers die in battle, are they gone for good, or are they just "wounded" and will recover once I'm back to the ship?

Gone for good, hence why it's a good idea to give them lots of healing potions.

<!--quoteo(post=321894:date=May 22 2009, 06:24 PM:name=Sordid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sordid @ May 22 2009, 06:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321894"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Gone for good, hence why it's a good idea to give them lots of healing potions.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You mean they actually use those? Also, is there a quick way to exchange items between these guys without using the standard trade menu on land?

Yeah, they do use them, but they'll still get overwhelmed and torn to shreds if you let them get surrounded.
If you want to exchange items with them on the sea, you can switch to sailing mode, then go to your cabin. From there to the cannon deck and wardroom and trade with them there. You can also buy stuff directly into their inventory.

Back