• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Happily Ever After DLC Bug

L'Olonnais

Landlubber
Mates,

I'm having a game-breaking bug during the first quest of this DLC (More than gold).

After I talk to the scallywag who kidnapped Mary/Helen in Guadaloupe and return to the Marquise in St.Pierre, she tells me to come back the next day in the evening, says that "Captain Moreno" (Bart the Portuguese) will be meeting me in that same room. When I do this, she says "Captain Moreno is already waiting for you" and that's it. He's not there, she has no more dialogue and all the doors in the room are locked, effectively trapping me inside. Is there a fix for this?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Nevermind. I fixed it myself.

This line:
GoldenGirl_CreateCaptainMoreno();

Was missing from this section of the quest's code:
case "Julianna_88":
pchar.quest.GoldenGirl_JuliannaOneDayFail.over = "yes"; //ñíÿòü ïðåðûâàíèå
if (pchar.questTemp.GoldenGirl.Portugal == "true")
{
GoldenGirl_CreateCaptainMoreno();
dialog.text = "Here you are, my friend! Captain Moreno is already waiting for you.";
link.l1 = "...";
link.l1.go = "Julianna_89";
}

I'm uploading the fixed file as an attachment in case anyone has this same issue. (It only happens if you completed the quest "Long way to the gallows" by breaking into jail and rescuing Bart the Portuguese.)

It goes into /PROGRAM/dialogs/russian/Quest and it will require tehomod to work.

Cheers.

Attachments

• GoldenGirl.c
    158.7 KB · Views: 113
Nevermind. I fixed it myself.

This line:

Was missing from this section of the quest's code:

I'm uploading the fixed file as an attachment in case anyone has this same issue. (It only happens if you completed the quest "Long way to the gallows" by breaking into jail and rescuing Bart the Portuguese.)

It goes into /PROGRAM/dialogs/russian/Quest and it will require tehomod to work.

Cheers
Thanks for the input, I thought tehomod was not needed for version 1.7.3.

The only way i could finish the mission "More than gold " was : when i return from Guadaloupe in Martinique brothel to try to take Marquise by force to my ship and deliver her in exchange for Mary , other way i would have got locked in that room waiting for Moreno . I had to kill 4 french soldiers in brothel and i lost some reputation with french (from admiration to good relations), but at least i managed to end the mission and i didn't raged quit for being trapped :)

Back