• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Happy Birthday Pieter

Two reasons:
1. Forum upgrades messed up the formatting of pretty much everything "old" which is really annoying
2. My old "Pieter's Pirates Page" has been dead for many, many years now

Do you still have your signature file somewhere? If so, I can upload it somewhere else so we can fix it right back up.
I don't seem to have it anywhere myself though; just checked. :facepalm

Both yer reasons be hav'n one common word Matey and that'd be "OLD" Arrrggh!:aar :D

Seriously, I've been away so long, I feel somewhat lost. Having trouble remembering how to navigate the game controls.
Pushing 63 isn't old on the outside (at least I look younger than most) but I'm sure feeling it on the inside.
Anyway, I should/might have my sig on this computer.

I found my sig!
Now does anyone know a good free place to put it?

Another question, I started DevlinOpera and noticed that while sailing I dont have a wind direction indicator. Is that normal or can it be configured?

Last edited:
I found my sig!
Now does anyone know a good free place to put it?
Just attach it to a forum post and I can put it on the FTP somewhere. That should work. :yes

Another question, I started DevlinOpera and noticed that while sailing I dont have a wind direction indicator. Is that normal or can it be configured?
If you play the game on default settings, you'll be on Realistic Game Mode. Then you need to buy and equip a compass for the more advanced display to show up.
If you don't like this, you can either switch to Arcade Game Mode in the Options Menu or customize your realism settings at the top of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h .

Happy birthday Pieter!
I hope it is not to late!
:razz
How could you be so late? :whipa

(OH wait.... I seem to remember something in person. Involving an apple of some kind....
Barbossa_and_Jack_PotC_by_NuttyIsa.jpg

I'm sorry Pieter, hope it's not toooooooo late yet, I'm rarely logging in these times. I wish you all the best: health, luck, happiness and that all your dreams come true. Fair winds to you, bro (or rather Sir)! Happy Birthday!

I wish you all the best: health, luck, happiness and that all your dreams come true.
Thanks a lot, mate! I could indeed use quite a bit of all of those.
Haven't had much luck the past year or so. Decidedly not. :shock

Back