• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hearts of Oak: Soundtrack Friday #12 "Mano y mano"

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
It just so happens you had been left stranded on an island, your trusty sword and pistol are lost.
As you navigate the jungles a bandit tries to rob you, having no weapon on you it was time for some hand to hand combat.
But there's something missing, you are not in the mood. Fear not! Christian Tornholm-Lehn AKA @Flannery has got you covered with this track.
"Mano y mano", let the fight begin!

This is a nice track and it fits its purpose very well.
I was planning on making a full story that combines all of the tracks, but then, I thought to myself; If there are not too many tracks left, then why do I not just wait until they have all been released? After all, the more the merrier, right?
So, my question is: Is this near the final tracks? If yes, then I will wait, so I can write the story to be as complete as I can. If this is not near the final tracks, then I will write the story probably within the next one or the one after that.

Hey @Flannery, any chance you could confirm what this track is supposed to fit with?
I always imagined it for the boarding scene after an intense sea battle.
It even seems a bit similar to the drum-based music used for that in Master & Commander.
But clearly @Tempesta and @The Nameless Pirate are getting some quite different vibes.

Is this near the final tracks? If yes, then I will wait, so I can write the story to be as complete as I can. If this is not near the final tracks, then I will write the story probably within the next one or the one after that.
Uhm... we've still got a ways to go...
Only about a third of the way so far.

@Tempesta did shuffle the track releases a bit for artistic reasons, but this is the full list of my proposed soundtrack:
DISC 1:
01 - Hearts of Oak
02 - The Dock
03 - The Adventure Begins
04 - Far Away
05 - Rum Bonfire
06 - In the Storm
07 - Devil's Chase
08 - Abandon Ship
09 - The Tale of the Gall-Gaidhel
10 - Hoist the Flags
11 - Mano y Mano
12 - Defeat and Triumph
13 - Pair of Hearty Greensleeves

DISC 2:
14 - Conquest of the Seas
15 - Swashbuckling and Smuggling
16 - Lands of Hope
17 - Pirate Cove
18 - Pirate Tavern
19 - Out of Rum
20 - Quest for Treasure
21 - Tavern Song
22 - Conquest
23 - Dawn at the Bay
24 - Dutch Tavern
25 - Jungle
26 - Native Encounter
27 - Porto Pirata
28 - Fair Winds!
29 - Spanish Gold
30 - Man 'o War
31 - To Victory
32 - Sailing into the Sunset
33 - Post Captains Lullaby
It'll be quite the adventure, eh? ;)

Sorry for not using actual quotes, but the option to add selected text to multiquote doesn't show up all of the time when I am on my phone. (Edit: I checked what it did when selecting text on a thread, and it seems to only be happening on ones similar to this.)
@Pieter Boelen said:"Uhm... we've still got a ways to go...
Only about a third of the way so far".
That means I may even make 3 stories then.
The shuffling of the tracks won't really affect me, as I was already going to switch them around to make the story.
For example, the way I have the beginning in my brain, the 3 first tracks are: 8,9 and 1. ( In the order they are on the YouTube playlist) This is of course subject to change, as I may get more inspiration when more tracks release.

Last edited:
Sorry for not using actual quotes, but the option to add selected text to multiquote doesn't show up all of the time when I am on my phone. (Edit: I checked what it did when selecting text on a thread, and it seems to only be happening on ones similar to this.)
Phones can be quite annoying.
Especially on "News" posts, I believe...

That means I may even make 3 stories then.
There's certainly enough material for that! :cheeky

The shuffling of the tracks won't really affect me, as I was already going to switch them around to make the story.
As much as I like my own track order...artistry should know no limits.
See what you can do! :cheers

@Pieter Boelen said:"Phones can be quite annoying.
Especially on "News" posts, I believe..."

(I am still on mobile, and probably will be until the end of this week, or the start of the next one.)
Interestingly enough, even if I loaded the desktop version of the site, I can still not quote parts of a message on News posts, which is at least to my eyes, is insanely weird.
(While writing this, I also learnt not to use bold, italics and underlining on mobile because they got stuck. In fact, I managed to accidentally press the underline button because I almost dropped my phone, and it got stuck again)
As for my story, I have a bit of an update: I will hopefully have it ready to post on Tuesday, but we'll see if I remember to actually write it, as I have only been thinking on how it will go.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, even if I loaded the desktop version of the site, I can still not quote parts of a message on News posts, which is at least to my eyes, is insanely weird.
I can confirm that.
The only way I can do it on a News post is to press the Reply button below a post; and then delete the parts I'm not responding to.
Haven't a clue why this is.
It works fine on regular non-News posts.

As for my story, I have a bit of an update: I will hopefully have it ready to post on Tuesday, but we'll see if I remember to actually write it, as I have only been thinking on how it will go.
If you don't remember this week; maybe you'll remember the next...

I can confirm that.
The only way I can do it on a News post is to press the Reply button below a post; and then delete the parts I'm not responding to.
Haven't a clue why this is.
It works fine on regular non-News posts.
I would not have thought of that. Thanks!
I did originally mess it up because I wanted to see what happened if I pressed the reply button again, but a chance to mess it up is nothing compared to being able to properly quote.

I would not have thought of that. Thanks!
It's the old-school approach.
How we did it before that multi-quote feature ever existed. :cheeky

I did originally mess it up because I wanted to see what happened if I pressed the reply button again, but a chance to mess it up is nothing compared to being able to properly quote.
Not a problem.
We've got an Edit button for a reason. :onya

It's the old-school approach.
How we did it before that multi-quote feature ever existed. :cheeky
In fact I still don't use the multi-quote much.
Back when I started I did, but it stopped working for me. Now I think it works normally, but I just got used to either using the reply button at the bottom, or highlighting the text and pressing reply there.

Back