• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Adding ships to the game

Captain Ottoman

Landlubber
I have a problem. I've downloaded the CoAS mod, which includes ships, characters and so on. But my problem is, I don't want to replace the whole mod with the original game. I JUST ONLY WANT THE BLACK PEARL AND THE FLYING DUTCHMAN in the game.

Now, this is how I did it:

I've selected all the folders of for example Black Pearl and copied it
Then I copied the mods ships_init and ships.h in the original one, but I did sure, that it is in the right row, so Galleone 12, Black Pearl 13 (instead of 54)
I also changed the class in ships_init. The Black Pearl was class 5, but I wanted it on class 3, so I only changed the class.
Later, I'm going into the game, and if a sea fight starts, the game is crashing with an error of the "sea_ai.dll".
If I only remove the text from those two files, than it works, but unfortunately no ship in the game...
So please help.

If you copy the mod's ships_init.c file completely, you'll get more ship code entries than just the Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman; that's probably causing your problems.
Make sure you only copy the two relevant entries and see if that works better.

That will be the ship>h file because the ships are listed by number and with the vanilla ships their was much less ships so the final ship count was no where near as high as it is in the modded version. You need to only take the enteries for the two ships Black Pearl and Flying Dutchmen. Take note their are 2 versions of the Black Pearl, their is the cursed version and none cursed version, if its the cursed version you want then its ship entery is SHIPS_BLACKPEARL, none cursed version is SHIP_THEBLACKPEARL. Also their are 2 versions of the Flying Dutchmen, their is the one ported over and the COAS stock version. The stock version can't be used without some edits made to the code and files but the ported version will work perfectly. SHIP_CURSEDDUTCHMAN. If you press F3 in each of the files and search for one of those ships i posted above you will find their enteries and then simply copy their complete entery over to the stock game files (you should back them up before changing anything).

You will also need to find the ships folder in RESOURCE/Textures and add the specific texture files for those ships there.

MK

Back