• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Character Capabilities

Someboddy

Landlubber
Hello , and 1st of all sorry for my bad english.

I dont quite understand something about Character Capabilities .. the thing that bothers me is that i have ( for examp.) all stats on 5 and after some time playing the game when i hit the F2 button to display my Character screen i notice that in front of my talent Capabilitie is a -2 .. Looks like this | Talent (-2) 5 | and i have that on every of my Capabilities and the minus number seems go increase ... so my question is why ? why is this happening ? i get weaker & weaker the longer i play -.-'

I dont quite understand something about Character Capabilities .. the thing that bothers me is that i have ( for examp.) all stats on 5 and after some time playing the game when i hit the F2 button to display my Character screen i notice that in front of my talent Capabilitie is a -2 .. Looks like this | Talent (-2) 5 | and i have that on every of my Capabilities and the minus number seems go increase ... so my question is why ? why is this happening ? i get weaker & weaker the longer i play -.-'

Hi that happens when you're sailing a ship you're not really able to sail. then you get a malus. it depends on the ship class: the higher the class (highest is 1) the higher your navigation skill has to be. So the best thing to do is to hire an officer, and let him sail the high-class ship. take a schooner or a schaluppe (a smaller ship) as a second ship for yourself to avoid the malus (the officer might have the malus then, but that's not a tragedy).

Hi that happens when you're sailing a ship you're not really able to sail. then you get a malus. it depends on the ship class: the higher the class (highest is 1) the higher your navigation skill has to be. So the best thing to do is to hire an officer, and let him sail the high-class ship. take a schooner or a schaluppe (a smaller ship) as a second ship for yourself to avoid the malus (the officer might have the malus then, but that's not a tragedy).

thank you :D .

Another suggestion: This game can be very frustrating, but never give up, because it remains a very good one. I'm not an Akella Fan, because I didn't have any ideas about my username. They make great games (but not for everyone). CoAS is the best stock game, but I highly recommend checking PoTC Build Mod 13 or 14 out. The 13 is stable. The 14 is ULTRA-COOL, but a bit buggy and not all storylines are completed.

Back