• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help!! -> Enemy Ships are Gray!

Jacko

Sailor Apprentice
Please Help me!

In the Sea-Battel Modus all enemy ships has no texture(they are gray) only me Ship(Lugger) has
Texture.

Where is the Probleme, What have i to doe?

CU Jack

PS: In first Person Modus on the Ship don't see me Crew on the ship, what have i to doe?

hi,

i´m having the same problem as Jacks has.
in seabattle the enemy ships are grayed out, like being in a fog (but there is no fog, clear sight, best weather).
only when they are very close the seem to be more detailed, but still have a somewhat gray touch.

on mods i use this new sea-map from the forum here.

thanks for any feedback.

p.s. and hi everybody, new guy around :)

ok, i attached a picture of how it looks like, maybe now someone has an idea.
the near enemy ship is already a bit gray-looking, the more far away is nearly
all gray.
if it´s darker (late evening) it even get´s worse. in 3d mode it is ok as you see the
gray ships, in 1st person sailing or with spyglass it´s hard to see the ships at all.

one thing i found out, at excellent weather, no cloud in the sky and sun is shining,
the ships look normal even somewhat far away. but if there is any weather condition except that
the ships get gray.

maybe someone of the modders has an idea.
if nobody has an idea, maybe a modder can tell me if it´s possible to mod the game so that
weather is always "no cloud with shining sun"?

Attachments

• gray ships.JPG
    gray ships.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 125
The question I ask you have you ever been on a ship when its foggy or at night?

It does make things look different and can make it more "ghost like" so I think the makers of the game have that right ;)

As for making it permanantly sunny I am not for that idea at ALL I'm afraid :no

so this ghost thing is intended?
well, that let´s me accept it better but i´m realy not too happy with that.
as said, in 1st person and spyglass i have problems seeing the ships :shrug

but since everybody else also has that problem i guess
it´s just making the game more challanging :dance

yeah i diddnt like that so i went into the weather file and made it have no fog during the daytime. morning and night still have fog. kinda glitchy though because far off islands look like theyre floating. but all the ships are nice and colorful.

Im sure you can decrease the fog somehow but i wasnt patient enough to tweak settings. i just make fog = true to fog = false

Wow, I was just about to ask the same question about the foggy ships. I already got my AoP from behind the shelf to compare - I cant remember that AoP ships have been so blurry at short ranges. It just looks awful.

Does anybody have some good tweak values to get rid or it or at least push it back a bit further so I can see the full charm of the ships without the need to bump my nose into them?

thx

Back