• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP] GoF Powerless Ships

fox6

Landlubber
Hi,
I installed this great mod 2 days ago and... everything is nice, except - damage.
I read many topics, and bugs report, but i still cant figure it out - its feature, or large bug in my version...
ok, so:
for example - I have pirate on 3rd level (after some quests), and a Portugalese Caravel as the ship with stock guns (8 pound i think) - this ship is 7class (very low), I have also 2 officers, as master gunner and navigator + 70 crew.
I tried to fight with armed schoolar (or somthing like that) - I used every type of ammunition, but i really can't damage this thing! after 5 minutes its 98-97% And me the same, enemy ship do me nothing, only crew is dying like in vanilla version. Another time, i tried to fight as Davy Jones - i know, that he have crapy stats on 1st level, but nor me, nor enemy cant hurt each other. WOW - Davy Jones has BIG ship with many guns!
at least - I tried all three options of realistic damages - i don't see any diffrence :/
please help, or advice...
I understand why I do not cause damage (low level and weak guns) , but the enemy???
sry for mistakes and bad grammar :)
version of mod 1.1.2 (or 1.2)

This has been looked at in GOF 1.2 and still requires testing but if it works then this should now be fixed. If not then more searching to be done.

ehhh...
and what to do now?
vanilla version sucks... but battles are working just fine
maybe much bigger cannos will help...

on screen: I was fighting something like 7-9 minutes, and I damaged only sails (my life is so low, cos its stock, unrepaierd ship) - my ship recived only 140 structural damages

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 156
In v1.1.2 there are some close to "invulnerable" ships. That means you can't damage the sail or crew sometimes that goes for the hull as well. I've posted a complete list about the buggers somewhere probably you have met some of those.

As Luke pointed out the team is working to fix those for the next official release.

One other thing to consider is that the Realistic Cannon Mod (RTBL) that Luke159 and myself made up ages ago is a mod option. Make sure it is turned off if you don't want realistic damage. Remember in histories largest age of sail battles (sometimes lasting several days), rarely would ships ever even be sunk - unless they caught fire or their magazines exploded. Those old ships could take unbelievable amounts of damage and still float. Thats why we made the damage so slight. Now consider though when you level up higher, you get better skills that still makes you quite lethal. In vanilla it's ridiculous because you can sink a ship with a single broadside at level 40. I think RTBL really evens things out much more realistically.

MK

ok, good to know, maybe i will try 1.0 or 1.1 ver. for now
That won't help you I'm pretty sure this issues are there too, besides there are many improvements done between 1.0 and 1.1.2 you would lose them too if you go back to 1.0.

The "invulnerable" ships issue is there for quite some time but was discovered recently and in big scale the problem is we guess it has something to do with the way ships were converted thus it's difficult to really figure out how to fix them.

Anyway the team works on that.

One other thing to consider is that the Realistic Cannon Mod (RTBL) that Luke159 and myself made up ages ago is a mod option. Make sure it is turned off if you don't want realistic damage. Remember in histories largest age of sail battles (sometimes lasting several days), rarely would ships ever even be sunk - unless they caught fire or their magazines exploded. Those old ships could take unbelievable amounts of damage and still float. Thats why we made the damage so slight. Now consider though when you level up higher, you get better skills that still makes you quite lethal. In vanilla it's ridiculous because you can sink a ship with a single broadside at level 40. I think RTBL really evens things out much more realistically.

I know it, but i'm not really sure if it's turn off or on.
I start the game, go to 'options' - 'mod options' - I turn off RLBL, and weights - I start the game (everything on the same profile), and when I'm playing, Im unable to check my options (when I hit 'ESC' and try to click on 'Options' - menu closes. :/

So maybe, maybe - here is the problem

Back