• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP] Is there a better ship than the Manowar?

Zantozzzz

Landlubber
Hello, I have the Cinco Liagas ship but while I was sailing in the world map a spanish fleet attacked me and they have the manowar with them. So I focused on killing its sailors and get that ship for me. It is a very strong and powerfull ship but it is too slow. So I kept sailing in the world map until I saw a ship I had to sink for a quest and i was right behind him but couldnt sink it because the manowar is too slow and all I wanted to do is to sleep, so I left the battle but I lost my other ship in my fleet becuase I didnt wait for it. And when I wanted to load my game again I forgot to save the game when I still had the manowar with me. So is there a better ship than that? or a fast one with lots of cannons?.

So is there a better ship than that? or a fast one with lots of cannons?.

I don't know if there is a better ship, but if you are looking for a good fast ship with lots of cannons, i would try to get a "Constitution".
My Constitution has 15+ speed and 56 x 32 lbs cannons.
But there are also other fast and strong ships to get.

Ships like the "Manowar" or other "Ships of the Line" have lot of guns and good armor but they have slow acceleration, slow speed and can not turn so fast.

So is there a better ship than that? or a fast one with lots of cannons?.

I don't know if there is a better ship, but if you are looking for a good fast ship with lots of cannons, i would try to get a "Constitution".
My Constitution has 15+ speed and 56 x 32 lbs cannons.
But there are also other fast and strong ships to get.

Ships like the "Manowar" or other "Ships of the Line" have lot of guns and good armor but they have slow acceleration, slow speed and can not turn so fast.
That ship looks nice. But it has less cannons than the cinco galias I think. But where can I get it?.

I have got the 'Constitution' by attacking a spanish fleet of 4 ships on the map.
I think you need a lot of luck to find one, sorry.

Do you have the combined mod 3.1.5? The ship is not in the original version of the game.

btw the ship-model missing a few texture's

picture and stats of my 'constitution'

Attachments

• constitution.jpg
    constitution.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 754
  • constitution stats.jpg
    constitution stats.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 594
wow that is a good ship. I have the 3.15 CM I will have to try to get it after I complete the CoAS questiline. Thanks =)

You ask what ship is better than the MOW's, well that'll be the Soliey Royal with 112 guns. If you have CMV3.1.5 installed then you can purchase the none quest ship which i think has 104 guns mounted, but the quest version only available to those who take her in the French questline (read French Questline before trying to capture her). You'll need some strong ships to take her aswell.

Fast ships, Arabella with 52 gun and a nice cargohold. (available in Peter Blood storyline or can purchase at shipyards in CMV3.1.5)
Constitution with 56 guns and a decent cargohold, very fast and more agile than other Frigates. (CMV3.1.5 required)
Flying Dutchman 60 guns mounted 54 in CMV3.1.5 (not very agile but fast and powerfull, can only capture by completing Flying Dutchman Quest)

And my mind has now gone blank, i haven't played the vanilla since erm never, been modding it since day 1. xD:

You ask what ship is better than the MOW's, well that'll be the Soliey Royal with 112 guns. If you have CMV3.1.5 installed then you can purchase the none quest ship which i think has 104 guns mounted, but the quest version only available to those who take her in the French questline (read French Questline before trying to capture her). You'll need some strong ships to take her aswell.
can you tell me where can I buy that ship please?.

Yes that is right, she won't be generated at random like most ships, she's like the MOW's you see them but not too often but enough to know they are there. In a new feature added for the next patch you will be able to choose from either normal game or realistic ship purchase, the differenece between them will be with realistic ship purchase on you will never see a MOW, Frigate, Corvette etc etc for sale. You must capture them at sea, the ships you will be able to purchase would be small ships like Cutter, Sloop's, Fleut's, Galleon's (might be removed) and other ships like that.

Constitutions are generated in punitive squadrons, if they consist of 3 ships or more. If you're very lucky (or a very patient savescummer) you can find a constitution with max. guns (at least 54*28, so you can make a 54*32 culverines ship out of it in bermuda) AND a speed over 17 knots. With bermuda shipyard you'll get more than 20. That ship comes from another planet then. maneuverability and point of sail are great. the only disadvantage: you have no frontguns.

Oh you modders! this game is just fantastic. after many many hours of playing gentlemen of fortune it's still surprising me.
coming from belize heading to santiago I was sailing in calm waters until that evil bounty hunter convoy (dutch bounty 100000) attacked me near cuba. I usually try to avoid them, they're not a good deal in general, but I wasn't able to escape. after an exhausting fight I was sitting there with five ships, but almost no sails anymore. Except of my little heavy xebec. one enemy ship left, quite in a distance, turning and firing badly all the time in direction of my (small) crew. What kind of a ship was that? it was a FLYING DUTCHMAN.
I had never ever seen one before outside of the flying dutchman quest. never. in hundreds hours of playing. In an evil fight I fought down its crew. now I'm the owner of the flying dutchman Jozua with the unbelievable stats: hull 30165 sails 400 speed 17.24 (!!!!!!!) maneuverability 56.79 (!!!!!!!!!!) point of sail 4.16 (!!!!!!!) hold 4889 (!) crew 525 (!) and guns 54*36 lbs.
after many hours of playing I thought my heavy corvette would be the best hunter ship ever. later I found this evil constitution burgos, that was the best ship ever. and now this.
to all you modders :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

I agree, this mod is great but I never played vanilla. You wait untill you come across the darker one with 54 42 weight guns and outfit it in Bermuda. For a class 3 ship no man-o-war can stand to it. :dance
A bit of a taste:hull over 40K, speed over 25, manuv. over 90, crew nearly 1000, hold nearly 9000-fully upgraded.

i love fighting with the spanish fleet! they give some nice ships to handle! for example the first punitive squardon that attacked me had the SolyeRU with them! :woot :woot .and now time for the spanish volonies to pillage! Respect to our modders!!!!!!!!!!!!! :will :will :will :will

Back