• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Help modifing Starting parameter POTC 2003

KWK0996

Landlubber
Hi everyone, Greeting from LatinAmerica

After completing the game I decided to start a new game but with some difficult (With a Tartane and no money and no crew) Took me a lot to complete the game this way but it was fun. now I want to Start being the most powerfull pirate of the game having 4 ship (manowar) from the very beginning.

I already edit these lines on the file PROGRAM/CHARACTER/characters_inits.c
ch.ShipSlot1.Type=SHIP_MANOWAR_ENGLAND;
ch.ShipSlot1.Name="El Impoluto";
ch.ShipSlot2.Type=SHIP_MANOWAR_ENGLAND;
ch.ShipSlot2.Name="Viuda Negra";
ch.ShipSlot3.Type=SHIP_SHIP_MANOWAR_ENGLAND;
ch.ShipSlot3.Name="El terror del gobernador";
But the problem is, when i talk in the Shipyard It looks like I only have my ship (the slot 2,3,4 are empty)
I Guess it happens because the ships have no officers, hiring officer before going to shipyard doesn't work neither, so i'm looking fot help because i have no idea of how to add officers for those ships. (i don't mind if the officers have low skills I just want have the 4 manowar from the beginning)

Thanks For reading

Sorry for bad English. Im from Colombia.

PS: the ships names are in Spanish, Impoluto name was taken from assassins creed black flag legendary ship
"Viuda negra" means black widow
"Terror del Gobernador" means governor's terror.

Edit: Change plans, can I make the MANOWAR, BLACK PEALR, or fearless be available to buy in the shipyard?

Last edited:
Welcome aboard @KWK0996! :cheers

You need to edit the file for the language you use.
For example, if you are playing in English you need to edit "PROGRAM\Characters\English\characters_init.c".

I am not sure what will happen since you don't have any officers, but you can at least give yourself another ship.

Edit:
ch.ShipSlot3.Type=SHIP_SHIP_MANOWAR_ENGLAND;
Remove one "SHIP_" from this line, this leads to an error.

Edit 2: I just tested this out.
It seems that the game gets confused since you have no officers to captain the ships.
So on the character screen it seems you have more ships, but in reality you only have one.

Last edited:
This is quite possible in New Horizons using a console command after starting a new game.
In the original stock game though, it'll likely be a bit more complicated...

Yep, if it was with New Horizons it would have been much easier. :yes
Plus the game is improved besides that.

I wonder if the easiest stock game solution might be to add three new characters to "Oxbay.c" with suitable suitable ships, give them some simple dialog to make them join you, then play the game and go looking for those characters?

I wonder if the easiest stock game solution might be to add three new characters to "Oxbay.c" with suitable suitable ships, give them some simple dialog to make them join you, then play the game and go looking for those characters?

the issue is that using this way dont let the Officers captain the inicial ship due the ship need an officers before the ship is bougth.

the issue is that using this way dont let the Officers captain the inicial ship due the ship need an officers before the ship is bougth.
This is probably too late if you're installing New Horizons, but:

This is not a problem. You don't buy the ship because the officer already has it in his character definition. All that is needed is for him to join you as a companion, and that can be done in the dialog file.

The attached zip contains a modified "PROGRAM\Characters\ENGLISH\init\officers.c" with an example officer added at the end. You can easily change the officer's name, ship type and ship name, as well as make a couple more copies to give you all three companions. Also included are dialog files; you can use these same dialog file for all the officers which you add.

You'll find this officer in Oxbay town:
meet_officer.jpg

The dialog is just those two lines - you can expand it if you like. The end result is that he joins you:
ships.jpg

(I haven't changed your own starting ship - you've already done that in your own installation.)

Attachments

• stock_superstart.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 134
This is probably too late if you're installing New Horizons, but:

This is not a problem. You don't buy the ship because the officer already has it in his character definition. All that is needed is for him to join you as a companion, and that can be done in the dialog file.

The attached zip contains a modified "PROGRAM\Characters\ENGLISH\init\officers.c" with an example officer added at the end. You can easily change the officer's name, ship type and ship name, as well as make a couple more copies to give you all three companions. Also included are dialog files; you can use these same dialog file for all the officers which you add.

You'll find this officer in Oxbay town:
View attachment 38165

The dialog is just those two lines - you can expand it if you like. The end result is that he joins you:
View attachment 38166

(I haven't changed your own starting ship - you've already done that in your own installation.)

Oh my God!!! Thank so much, i have no words to thanks you.

Back