• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Port HMS Dauntless to COAS

zzkillzz2000

Powder Monkey
Hi all! So i ported the Dauntless from POTC to COAS and everything worked just fine except for one little problem http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/scaled.php?server=31&filename=porteddauntless.png&res=medium
As you can see in the image, the Dauntless shares the same texture file with the Endeavour since i have no idea where is the texture file for the Dauntless is in POTC folder. I followed the tutorial here http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/13390-potc-ships-to-aop-coas/ and already posted to ask for help yet nobody answers.Hopefully someone here's gonna guide me out or post a link of the Dauntless texture file. Oh and one more thing, my newly ported Dauntless doesn't have the walk file and of course no crew on deck, so please post a link and guide me how to make the game know where it is as this is not part of the tutorial in the link above. Any help would be really appreciated!
Thanks!

Hi zzkillzz2000,
you need to copy the interface ship pic to "RESOURCE/textures/INTERFACES/SHIPS/". It must have the same name as the folder of your dauntless. And follow the upper-/lower case.

About the walkfile i have no clue, you have to wait for someone other to explain.

Hi zzkillzz2000,
you need to copy the interface ship pic to "RESOURCE/textures/INTERFACES/SHIPS/". It must have the same name as the folder of your dauntless. And follow the upper-/lower case.

About the walkfile i have no clue, you have to wait for someone other to explain.
Thanks for replying! Anyway, do you have that interface ship file for the Dauntless? I really have no idea where it is in the POTC folder as i don't play that game nor mod it so...
'Bout the walk file i think i can rename the Victory walkfire and use them for the Dauntless as there have the same deck structure except for the stairs on the Dauntless and Endeavour are quite diffrent from that of the Victory.

The interface problem is solved. I think it's all because i used the same texture file for 2 ships. So i took some ingame pictures for both of them and it works all fine. Still, I need the walk file for the Dauntless or Endeavour. If anyone here can help, please post a link of the file or point it out in the POTC folder.
Thanks!

Sorry, i don't have it. I think you have to ask under Storm Engine Modding.

edit:
If the deck structure is the same as you wrote, you can copy & paste and then rename the walkfile.

As I said in my 3rd post, the Endeavour and Dauntless share the same deck structure but they're different from that of the Victory. Unfortunately the walk file for the Endeavour which is available in GOF 1.1 is not accurate at all, the crew line is all f***ed up. Since POTC is the number one priority game and all updates available at the moment go there first, i hope someone might know the location of the file. Maybe you can ask some of your modder or modeler friends who know where it is if they can post the link of the file or simply point out the directory.
Thanks!

Maybe you can find useful info here and here.
There you will find the sailortool to work the walkfile if needed. I don't have PotC to locate the files for you so please try the tuts.

That walktool so hard for me to understand lol. Anyways I found it. It's in here POTC\PROGRAM\SEA_AI\walk :woot .Kinda funny that i've been searching around the whole forum for a solution while it's in front of me yet nobody knows. Still thanks for your advise dude! ;)
Cheers! :drunk

glad i could help a bit. :cheers

You have read this:
What to do with the sailorstool:

1. You go to it's directory and put your ship properly in, just as you did it with CoaS (it is a storm engine sort of program).

2. Open SailorsEditor.ini and change the ship=Ships/Arabella1/Arabella1 to your own model and map name. Also change the save and load files, to the name of your own vessel. Save this and start the tool.

3. Now, in the upper left corner you can see a menu, navigate with the arrow keys to the second option and press enter.

4. With the INSERT button on your keyboard, you can add a point:

TYPE_NORMAL = a point which is used for normal walking.
TYPE_CANNON_L = point for reloading the guns (left side)
TYPE_CANNON_R = " " (right side)
TYPE_CANNON_F = " " (front)
TYPE_CANNON_B= " " (back)
TYPE_MAST1 = use for the left of right side (don't know exactly which side) as begin point in which the sailors should climb up the rigging.
TYPE_MAST 2 = end point of MAST1
TYPE_MAST 3 = Ditto 1
TYPE_MAST 4 = Ditto 2
TYPE_MAST 5 = no idea.

You can move these with the arrow keys.
Forward key = forward
Backward = backward
Left = Left
Right= Right
Up = Shift+Forward
Down = Shift+Backward

You can delete them with the button delete.
After you added all these points, you have to connect them. This, you can do with the option select path, with F2 and F3 you need to define the points which you want to connect. First you need to create a new one, so you push insert. If finished, repeat this project, so that all point are connected. You can cycle through all points by pressing spacebar, to select the things you want to edit.

Then save your project. After saved, it will directly appear in the Sailorspoints folder of the Sailortool.

Sr i started again. In the directory i mentioned above, i only found the walk file for the Endeavour, the one for Dauntless is no where to be seen. So i tried to change the file's name and replaced the original one (also made a copy for the Dauntless) yet no crew on deck. And i can see that the codes in the original walk file for the Endeavour and the POTC one are totally different. As i said above, the walk tool is too hard for me, maybe i can fool around tweaking some available texture files but this is beyond my abilities. So let's take this the easy way: some coders or anyone who can do this use the original GOF Endeavour walk file and fix it a bit, make it accurate on the Endeavour deck then post the file here to help people having the same problem like me out. And please don't tell me to wait for GOF 1.2 cuz this is just a little fix and I can't wait that long for it. Maybe the fix for the file's already completed and part of GOF 1.2 waiting to release. Then why don't you give the link for it?
Thanks!

There is no Dauntless in GOF 1.2.
Well thanks for the information! No offence but didn't i make myself clear in my last post, I don't know if there is Dauntless in GOF 1.2 or not i just know that she shares the same deck structure with the Endeavour so a fixed walk file for the Endeavour would work on her too. Problem is the walk file in GOF 1.1 for Endeavour is not accurate, the crew line is really weird. And i know you're really good at this Buho. Please fix the walk file for the Endeavour and post a link so i can fix it. Just a little tweak you know.
Thanks!

No fix for Endeavour in GOF 1.2, we are using the GOF 1.1 version.

I have no idea about what a walk file is, no way I'm fixing one.

Ahoy mateys, I couldn't help but notice you needed some clarification, so let me be of service. :dance

In PotC, the Dauntless uses is the same walkfile as the Endeavour (named after the latter), as the original ones pgargon provided were identical to one another.
I don't ever recall editing the walkfile in any way, but I do remember there being some issues with it. I don't think they were ever fixed, so our file does the same job as your 'sailorspoints' file.
The two file types (walkfiles for PotC, sailorspoints for CoAS) can be converted between using the Walk File Converter tool, but it escapes my memory where you can get that tool. :facepalm
Anyway, in this case, what someone needs to do is use the Sailor Tool, referred to by Nightwatcher, to fix the walkfile themselves.
If successful, then the converter could be used to give PotC a working version too, and that satisfies everyone's needs.

I would try to fix the file myself, but I'm too tied up with several other projects to have the time for it, so someone else needs to give it a go.
Honestly, if you have any doubts, just see what you can do, and you'll learn how to use the tool on the job. That's what I did when I started using it.

So, fair winds for now. Let me know if you need any help with the Sailor Tool. :cheers

Back