• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Problem with a Quest

Geekea

Landlubber
Hi,

I've just started COAS recently.
I installed almost straight away the mod we can find on your forum.
So first : that mod is great !
It's really impressive !
Thank you for your work on this game.

I'm writing a post on the forum especially because I have a problem for one of my first quest.
I've met a pirate on his ship who wants me to go next to port au prince, on shores of gonaive to find a french boat which has slaves and is taking food for a trip... or something like this.
Excuse my english as it's not my mothertongue.

I have to go there from Fort de France in 10 days.
So after around 30 tries, i finally reach it in time... well before he tells me I failed. (I saved there)
So I'm on this shore and like I read in a topic giving help about quest, I have to moor to start a battle.
So I moor... and nothing... i'm alone on the beach. :-/

Does this kind of problem happens, like a bug or something ?
Did I do something wrong ?

There is a french boat sailing not far (but not mooring) which is really huge with a lot of cannon... do i have to attack him ?
Is it possible it could be my objective ?

Thank you ina dvance to anyone who could help me.

hi I'm not sure, sometimes you have to fight at land, sometimes at see, so this ship is probably your target. I also had the situation that it was almost impossible to reach a certain place in time, in that case it's the best to reload and get a "better" destination.

Thank you for your advice.
I gonna try to attack it then hoping it will be the right one.
But the fact that it sometimes needs to fight at see is reassuring me, I though it wasn't possible as it's not explained on the walkthrough topic.

That's gonna be hard though as I'm a beginner and the two other boats supposed to help me are staying away looking at me and laughing whilst I fight the huge war ship.
Even when I press P.

Thank you again :)

The Walkthrough is incomplete at this point.

If he tells you they get supplies, you will attack a ship/convoy, yet if the quest giver says something about them being wrecked in a storm, you'll have to moor and battle on land.

The latter is basically free loot, the first more of a challenge depending on the convoy you get.

It seems that it was it...
I'm not sure though.

I've spent hours fighting against him yesterday night.
I had my class 6 and my class 7, with the pirate who gave me the mission who was class 6 too.
And the ennemy was a class 5, 22 guns frigate.

I spent ages trying to kill his crew with the small canon bullets...
After a moment I've fired all by ammo and half of my cannons were dead, I went to my class 7 to take his crew, ammo, and his captain as a fighter then let it sink and went back to fight the class 5
After all my cannons were dead I finally went to the battle inside there ship (which i failed lots of time before) and I finally win !

Then the pirate talks to me and say that because of me the money is under water.
But he doesn't tell me that we missed the boat so i guess it was this one.

Well... I don't care about the money , I'm already happy to have my class 5 :)

Back